PDA

View Full Version : who wears a .......

*NoVa_BoY*
19-07-03, 04:57 PM
we all spend cash on bucket seats and high quality harrnesses but who acually uses them?

brian
19-07-03, 05:04 PM
always wear a seatbelt. and has saved me twice. first when a old bitch pulled out in front of me and my first GTE 5 years ago and hit me and put me into as wall. i broke the headrest with my neck and put my knee through the dash but came out ok as i had the belt on.
And last year with a m8 in a van. he was driving and lost it around a corner (just before i told him to ease off i might add) and we hit a tree at around 50 or 60. my side took the blow. the pass front wheel was under the floor my side. i had a the mark of the seat belt across my chest for a week or two but was happy with that.

And one thing id like to add (because of certain posts on here recently) in the first crash i had my GTE replaced with a newer GSi and in the second i walked away ok so NO FALSE CLAIMS were made in either case. and i have no respect for the pricks who make false claims every day sending up every young drivers premium every year.

locky
19-07-03, 05:11 PM
I always wear seatbelt/harness, you could think your the worlds best driver, could be the best driver, doesnt mean a boyracer flying out of a junction aint gonna hit u!
For those who aint been in a crash, its scarey, n s**ts u up a little! for those of u who dont wear seatbelts, your more foolish than i thought!
WEAR A SEATBELT there not there 2 just add weight 2 the car!

Tilly
19-07-03, 05:49 PM
always where a seatbelt. stupid if ya dont

Neil.
20-07-03, 01:37 PM
i think personaly who ever dont wear one is not 'cool' but a complete pr!ck, if someone for some reason hits u in ur car and ur not wearing one, that person could kill u, which would of cause be bad for u but also u could of saved that person from living with the knoldage that they killed someone, i always tell my mates to wear one, its my car and my responceabilit.

Dan
20-07-03, 05:00 PM
hmmm i'll grace this with the same reply as i use when peeps say you dont have to tell the insurance everything. Those that dont deserve to be shot in the head, easy as :D

Chris LR
20-07-03, 07:33 PM
I voted yes, but if/when competing off-road I don't, I just grip the wheel harder...

make of that what you will.

?Marty?
21-07-03, 12:47 AM
I wear my harness. Most of the time. Removed all seatbelts.

Jim
21-07-03, 10:49 AM
Erm, am I the only person that thinks this is one of the stupidist wuestions ever posted?

I have harnesses and wear them all the time. Even if it takes a couple of mins to get them on, it just means that the car can be ticking over and warming up as I put them on.

You have to be dumb as f**k not to wear a seatbelt. Novas are not the safest car in the world and I don't care how good a driver you think you are, you can not account for the unexpected (i.e. someone pulling out as you come flying round a blind corner).

If you don't wear a seatbelt then expect no sympathy from me when you
a) get pulled for not wearing one
b) end up in an accident and a lot worse off than if you were wearing a seatbelt/harness.

Jim

Jim
21-07-03, 10:50 AM
And one thing id like to add (because of certain posts on here recently) in the first crash i had my GTE replaced with a newer GSi and in the second i walked away ok so NO FALSE CLAIMS were made in either case. and i have no respect for the pricks who make false claims every day sending up every young drivers premium every year.

Forgot to say, I totally agree with you Brian, well said!

Jim

?Marty?
21-07-03, 05:49 PM
I agree it is stupid not to wear one. There are bo benefits in not wearing a seatbelt, but there are immense benefits in wearing one.

However, i don't agree in getting fined for it. It's a personal choice.

Shit, do you get fined for running around your house with a pair of scissors and etc?

I know that it's because it increases the 'clean up' costs when you have an accident i.e. scraping your body off the road, but what about motorbike riders, and cyclists in particular? They (cyclists) don't HAVE to wear a crash helmet, and are even more vulnerable.

What would be more interesting, is to know WHY people choose NOT to wear one.

wisewood
21-07-03, 05:53 PM
thing is not wearing a seatbelt could be considered suicide - suicide is illegal... therefor if not wearing one you should be charged with attempted suicide :lol:

I agree that not wearing one is stupid.
i even insist my passengers wear a seatbelt... if they wont put it on - they dont ride in my car.

Aragorn
21-07-03, 09:18 PM
yer agree with all this

it actually feels totally strange to drive the car without one on

to me its just part of getting in the car: get in, belt on, THEN key in ignition and engine started

was quickly moving the car in the street yestarday and didnt put belt on (was only moving along 4 spaces) felt weird as f00k - and was only then i realised how much of a habit it has become

a habit im glad ive developed

Tazzy
21-07-03, 10:03 PM
i so agree with wearing seatbelts or harnesses, last monday, my brother, his wife and his mom were in a car crash, they all wore seatbelts, if they didnt, then they could of came off worst, although, my brother had whiplash, my bros wife is 20 weeks pregnant and had to hospital for a scan and my bros mom dislocated her knee!

but im really sorry guys, im not gonna lie and im gonna hold my hands up and say that when im a passenger in a car driven by someone i know or a taxi, i never put my belt on, i know i should, but when im driving, i always put it on (i do trust my own driving, lol) and i wont start the car till everyone else in the car has belted up!

but all the car accidents ive been in (and ive ben in quite a few! none of me driving i may add, lol) ive never had a belt on, the first in australia sitting on my aunties knee (full car) the second time was in a cortina and didnt have a belt, lol, the list is endless!

ade
21-07-03, 11:46 PM
I cant not wear a seat belt. Feels odd - automatically reach across and stick it on. My wife does the - not wearing one to go 2 mins down the road so I refuse to drive off until she sticks it on - use the "it only takes 2 miliseconds to go through the windscreen though dont it!" routine and she buckles up. Saved me a coupld of times too

For those that aint crashed or been in a crash you'll be amazed at how much force is produced at about 25mph - certainly gives you one hell of a jolt even when yer strapped in - wouldnt like to think what its like when yer not.

Its irresponsible not to wear one - the last thing I want is to hit someone and watch as they come flying through the windscreen into my car!
:o :x :o

If I'm in the back I always put a seatbelt on too - even in a taxi - dont feel safe in them things at the best of times! I keep thinking about them ads where that kid headbutts that woman from behind

:x

not nice

Cara
22-07-03, 06:21 PM
thing is not wearing a seatbelt could be considered suicide - suicide is illegal... therefor if not wearing one you should be charged with attempted suicide :lol:

so if i tried killin myself an failed would get arrested?

Tilly
22-07-03, 06:37 PM
yeah lol. and people who commit suicide go to hell not heaven. (when dream may come true vid)

Stuart
22-07-03, 09:09 PM
in cars i always wear a seatbelt, BUT in tractors and other non normal vehicles i dont wear one, partly becuse its safer for leaving the cabin in an event lol

stupidity and argogance towards others is the only reason to not wear a belt in a car

Anton
22-07-03, 11:20 PM
always wear a seatbelt from now on

Ben (lurk75)
23-07-03, 12:27 AM
I dont wear mine as often as i should, not because of choice just because i genuinely forget- if some one else in the car to remind me i always do.

Should make it a habit really.

?Marty?
23-07-03, 01:01 AM
Suicide is no longer illegal. That particular law has been overruled.

Euthenasia (or however it's spelt) still is.

Evolution
23-07-03, 06:04 AM
I always wear a seat belt when im in a car, passenger or driving, and when im driving i always make sure my passengers are wearing theirs.

If im in a bus or coach that has seat belts though i dont really make a point of wearing them.