PDA

View Full Version : Item Bought??

murph-gsi
01-02-12, 12:50 PM
Hi, I just want to know where I stand on this situation.

I recently bought a set off alloys of a person on fleay. they are costing me 200euro sent to Ireland.

I went to pay for them but there was no system set up. I sent the seller a message and he replied and sent his bank details with EU/SEPA his name, IBAN and BIC.

He has a good rating on ebay but I just dont want to get caught out.

He seems genuine but I dont know why he didnt send me his paypal?

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

mk1nova_rich
01-02-12, 12:54 PM
I've been done by a high rated seller before...they build up a reputation buying and selling low value items until an opportunity comes along where they could rip someone off for a fair amount of money.

Just something to bear in mind :)

Lee-1984
01-02-12, 01:10 PM
were abouts are they beingposted from?

Jack
01-02-12, 01:12 PM
I'd reply back specifically asking for paypal if possible, as bank transfer would probably cost more.

I thought all ebay sales had to have paypal as a payment method? Or is that just for new(ish) sellers?

Old man Jimbo
01-02-12, 01:18 PM
On the other hand I used to buy and sell a lot from German Ebay and back then (not so much now) they all used bank transfer only and Paypal was unheard of to them. Was a bit worrying as I was buying abroad without any kind of protection but it all worked out in the end.

Paypal is a double edged sword IMHO good for buyers but very bad for sellers as so many con artist out to funk you over. More and more sellers are just sacking Paypal and Ebay off as it is getting ridiculous now. One seller was complaining about a 20% loss one month with false Paypal charge backs and false claims it's getting unsustainable.

GGs GTE
01-02-12, 01:56 PM
What the ***k pay by pay pall m8 at least if you don't receive the wheels you can claim it back by pay pall or don't buy than at all it's a bit fishy if I may say my self. gaz

murph-gsi
01-02-12, 03:56 PM
The alloys are being sent from Germany.

Lee-1984
01-02-12, 04:05 PM
is this yours murph-gsi? http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2955347

looks clean in the pics for the amount of rain ireland gets... lol

murph-gsi
01-02-12, 04:09 PM
Ha no isnt mine, I know the fella that owns it is around 15miles away. Is clean but not an original GSi.

dannymcc
01-02-12, 04:29 PM
I was going to buy a new set of rub strips of the German fleabay but the seller didn't want paid through paypal so didn't bother. I don't know why they don't use paypal as it saves a lot of hassle.

murph-gsi
01-02-12, 04:52 PM
I am just after to talking to one of my friends in Germany he told me he does not use paypal and hardly anyone he know does as they do not like paying the fees. So isnt bad news and the person has 100% positive buyer and seller feedback with 188 items. So I think he is genuine.

bazil
01-02-12, 05:28 PM
It cost me £10 to do a euro bank transfer via Internet banking, the bank wanted £20 if I done it over the phone lol