PDA

View Full Version : Good old Duck Oil.......

Tim
31-01-12, 06:58 AM
the mrs decided a few weeks ago we were going to have a new settee, as she was bored with the old one.:roll: So before it gets delivered she gave me that task of decorating the lounge before its arrival, so being a typical man, i put off today, what would wait untill tomorrow. well tomorrow is this week and ive been frantically making sure the lounge is ready, i gave her 1 job to do, gloss the fireplace just to tidy things up and freshing it up a little.

Well i came home from work yesterday to find a whopping paint stain (Gloss:mad:) about the size of my hand on the carpet. she had tried in vain to remove it. not happy as i have been decorating for a week now an managed to keep the paint in the walls or woodwork.

anyways i googled any methods to remove it and, people were saying all these weird and wonderful cleaning products, none of which i had to hand, then there was one person saying try wd40, well i have loads of that because i own a nova, so i gave it a try.

im speechless, ive come downstaires this morning, switched on the the lounge light and ta da, stain gone. i cant effing belive it. to say im chuffed is an understatement. the carpet smells like a garage but i can give it a wet vac now and freshen it up, so thats not a problem.

so kids the lesson today is, wd40 will do anything, oh and dont let your mrs anywhere near a tin of paint while your not round to supervise. lol.

tim

GGs GTE
31-01-12, 09:44 AM
LOL nice one

Alex J
31-01-12, 09:46 AM
this thread needs pictures of before and after....

Novasport
31-01-12, 03:06 PM
We had our new light coloured carpet down a week before I tried to ruin it!
We had some lillies in a vase on the dining room table which were in the way when I was doing a job so I moved them to the floor. Me being clumsy, I knocked the vase over and got lilly pollen all over the new carpet. Now anyone that knows about Lillies will know how badly the pollen stains and it is bright yellow. Well it got everywhere and made a right mess, I tried everything to get it out to no avail. The last resort cupboard of heavy duty chemicals was next, I tried some brake cleaner first expecting it to strip every bit of colour out of the carpet(at this point I had nothing to lose, I was expecting the bill for another new carpet!). Amazingly it worked, it seemed to just disolve it and it vanished. And it did not smell or cause any damage.
Life saved!

Two products I like to always keep in the cupboard, WD40 and brake cleaner. I use them for so many things, brilliant products.

Nova-nation
31-01-12, 03:15 PM
That's brilliant! I'm going to bear that in mind from now on