PDA

View Full Version : F.A.O SlimJim :)

techie
19-07-03, 02:41 PM
Need your skills soon please mate. Can we do something with this?

I have got another shelf if I have made a pigs ear of this one.

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1374

Was thinking of laying in some mesh over the speakers and covering with acoustic cloth.

Just need a little amp now to run them I think as headunit signal isnt very strong.

Let us know bud

Cheers

Ross

Ben (lurk75)
19-07-03, 07:50 PM
I have got another shelf if I have made a pigs ear of this one.

you did didnt you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anton
19-07-03, 07:51 PM
why not just buy a premade stealth shelf?

privatepie
19-07-03, 08:54 PM
coz a proper stealf shelf cost close 2 ?100 im quesing and doing that way costs bout ?25
i cant a see prob with that shelf! :roll: :roll:

Anton
19-07-03, 09:01 PM
yeah probably right.

whats the difference between a stealth shelf and an acoustic shelf?

techie
19-07-03, 09:08 PM
you did didnt you :lol: :lol: :lol:

No I dont think I did but I know the high standards to which Jim works, dont want him laughing at my Jigsaw skills :)

And yes I did think about a 'stealth' but the cheapest one I could find was ?90. And this one so far has cost me ?6.99 for a bit of MDF.

Ben (lurk75)
19-07-03, 11:03 PM
Can get proper stealth shelfs for less than ?60 :wink:

Ross i was only playing with ya, i didnt think it looked that bad. Just giving you a bit of banter as no one had replied, now look its another thriving post.

jatinder
20-07-03, 09:01 AM
ive got a stealth shelf. I brought it of anton but never used it, has holes already cut out for 6*9, just needs recarpeting, PM if you want it.

krobinson
20-07-03, 12:59 PM
You dont get the same quality of sound with stealth shelves...

Would you not be better off with them on show, with better sound quality?

Keith

techie
20-07-03, 03:20 PM
I want it to appear as stock as possible as there are alot of thieving scum about and id rather keep my door locks etc intact.

krobinson
20-07-03, 05:43 PM
Yeah, i suppose, it only takes some young pratt to think he could make some cash from stealing your sounds and bang, there go's ur locks!

You think you'll ever delock it?

I'm glad i live in a very low crime area, and i have a garage with its own alarm.

Keith

techie
20-07-03, 06:40 PM
Yeah im going for delocking soon and also getting the wing aerial removed.

My new house has an alarmed garage which is cool :)

jkhilton
20-07-03, 10:49 PM
I've still got 2 shelves available and I may be passing through MK next week on my way to my mums on the south coast. If you want them, let me know.

John

Jim
21-07-03, 10:07 AM
Looks pretty good from here Ross.

I'll be mroe than happy to give you a hand. I'm gonna be working late most of this week though :(

This coming weekend might be a bit tricky as well as I've got a relative's birthday on the Sunday.

When were you hoping to get it done by?

Jim

techie
21-07-03, 11:53 PM
Theres no real rush mate, just didnt want the speakers on show for too long thats all.

Whenever you can mate, youve got my number.