PDA

View Full Version : A little help required please

boyle_46
30-01-12, 06:17 PM
Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help me out I've just put a new thermostat , water pump , water temp sensor , fan switch into the car and started it up hey he car heats up fine and the thermostat opens when it's up to temperature but the fan will not cOme on the temperature gauge goes right up into the red and the fan still fails to come on I've bridged out the plug for the fan and the fan will run fine just wondering if anyone would have An idea why it will not come On when plugged in also would It be ok to drive with the fan wired direct thanks nathan

gaz w
30-01-12, 06:34 PM
have you changed the fan switch on the side of the radiator

boyle_46
30-01-12, 07:11 PM
Yeah mate brand new Lucas one stuck into it as I said all brand new parts where put into it confusing me here

Lewis.
30-01-12, 07:41 PM
are you 100% sure the system isn't airlocked? if not, is there a feed to the switch? has it got a good earth? is the switch the correct one, i.e correct operating temperatures?

mowgli
30-01-12, 07:45 PM
the fan switch isn't switching on for one of 2 reasons...

1. it is fubared
2. the car is not actually getting to the point of overheating.

re the fan.... it is only meant to run when the car is overheating, which is... when it is stuck in a traffic queue in hot weather... you could fit some piggy back spade terminals to either side of the switch, connect them to some twin core cable & run it to a simple on/off switch in the dash as a bypass

boyle_46
30-01-12, 08:43 PM
Think that's the best option mowgli cheers whats the best way to bleed the system is there any bleed valves etc thanks