fastest

Stokie_Dave
19-07-03, 01:37 PM
SR = 72BHP
SRi = 82BHP with a cat

Which do ya reckon is fastest ;)

Snowface
19-07-03, 02:35 PM
sr can be tuned with T40's or even Throttle bodies, cam, manifold etc to over 120bhp.

rgv_stu
19-07-03, 03:05 PM
if you did all that to a sri then you would get even more

Snowface
19-07-03, 04:38 PM
how does that work then? I thought the sr block is the same as the sri.
Is it cause the sri has bigger valves? Stick a b+ head on the sr and all the rest and surely it would come out ontop compared to an 'Injection' car.

Fester
19-07-03, 07:51 PM
what the hell! thats the most rediculous thing ive ever read lol. the sri is faster as stated. claiming you could tune the lower power engine doesnt make it more powerful to begin with lol

novaboylee
19-07-03, 11:08 PM
Sr! :arrow: thats all that needs to be said! ill be happy to race any sri

Fester
20-07-03, 02:17 AM
its not an opinion that the sri is more powerful, its a fact.

ignore max powers figures, theyre for the single point injection 1400 nova. in fact dont have naything to do with max power lol

Snowface
20-07-03, 02:45 AM
claiming you could tune the lower power engine doesnt make it more powerful to begin with lol

Who said that it makes it more powerful to begin with? ...not me!

I said that if you got an Sr u could tune it to more bhp than u could tune an SRi.

snapper
20-07-03, 10:30 AM
but if you're a nutty bast*d with more money than sense, you can tune a 1.2 to be faster than a tuned sr or sri. stick a proper modern injection system onto a sri and it'll be faster than a sr with twin 40's.

Snowface
20-07-03, 11:13 AM
if thats so why doesn't everyone do that with their GSI's and GTE's and Sr's?
Almost everyone here who has tuned their engine up have put on Twin 40's.

I havn't seen anyone who claims to have got a load more power by putting on a modern injection system. Only really by using T40's.

i.e. Mike Oxford, Breeny, SlimJim, Gazza14sr, Rob Slader, Tay.

All those and more have T40's. So would they be better off getting a 'Modern injection system'?

They must have choes T40's over a new injection system for a reason (more power).

mikeoxford
20-07-03, 12:46 PM
modern injection system such as?

fitting a normal gte gsi injection system wont see me any gains :? this hole thread is confusing me now.

gte or gsi has about 101 bhp??

not sure

anyway

hopefully i should be running in excess of 130 - 140 (fingers crossed)

rgv_stu
20-07-03, 03:57 PM
well the sri has a better head and bigger valves and a higher compression.

so if you take the sr and sri engines and do the same mods to each the sri will ALLWAYS be more powerfull

who said you cant stick 40's etc on a sri ?? :roll:

snapper
20-07-03, 04:03 PM
people put twin 40's on because it's like 100 times easier than adding wires here there and every where for EFI systems and the twin 40 applications are usually readily available.

anywho, didn't mean something like a gsi or gte system, a third party system with all the gubbins and things being mappable. you get the same power output as 40's but better throttle response and economy. something like:

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/FMS/FMSFI/501-12.html

don't get me wrong, nothing beats the raw power, availability (for novas) and sound of twin 40's. plus you can bet your a*se that EFI system costs near a grand.

Fester
20-07-03, 04:58 PM
this whole thread is bullshit now

look i used to have 2 SRs and even though you might not like it the SRI is better lol

back to the ORIGINAL question, again as several people have correctly stated,

the SRI

mikeoxford
20-07-03, 05:41 PM
:lol:

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/FMS/FMSFI/501-12.html

singlepoint injection no thank you :twisted:

j/k

Philsutton
20-07-03, 05:46 PM
sri is quicker when both are standard, but with the sr being carb theres always the option of twin 40's :D

mikeoxford
20-07-03, 05:48 PM
sri is quicker when both are standard, but with the sr being carb theres always the option of twin 40's :D

your new so ill go easy on ya :lol:

but you can fit carbs to any car!

you can fit them to sri just as easy

Snowface
20-07-03, 11:49 PM
yes mike, but say u fitted T40's to a standard SRI and T40's to a Standard Sr, would the power be the same cuase they have the same cylinder capacity?

Or do you need to change the heads over for the SRi to run T40's anyway?

Also, is the SRi block the same as the Sr? I know the head has bigger valves like the GSi

mikeoxford
21-07-03, 12:03 AM
yes mike, but say u fitted T40's to a standard SRI and T40's to a Standard Sr, would the power be the same cuase they have the same cylinder capacity?

no as the sri has bigger valves and better head flow characterisitcs, the sri would out perform the sr with carbs.

Or do you need to change the heads over for the SRi to run T40's anyway?
nope so long as the inlet manfiold ports match the head.

Also, is the SRi block the same as the Sr? I know the head has bigger valves like the GSi

youll find whatever the capacity, from block down all engines are same, for instance the 1.6sv engine off cavaliers and astras is identical to gte and gsi bottom end

and u answered a qn above yourself!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :P

the head has bigger valves - so as i said sri would beat a sr if they were both on carbs

snapper
21-07-03, 10:32 AM
singlepoint injection no thank you

j/k

lol @ mike

you know what i mean though, fuel injection has come a long way since the crappy things attatched to the 1.2i and 1.4i.

nothing beats the smell of petrol as you choke your carbs though :twisted:

MC
21-07-03, 11:41 AM
So many confused people :lol:

Lets end this hey, Sri is quicker than SR, Put 40's on them both, SRi is still faster. 40's can be fitted to both easily.

Single point injection is poo.

Multi point injection as fitted to SRi is pretty modern and works quite well.

Twin 40's will always deliver more power than an EFi motor unless multiple throttle bodies are used. Its airflow that dictates power.

MC