PDA

View Full Version : custom pedal setup / anyone got any gen on these fancy pedal boxes

heds
29-01-12, 06:50 PM
ok guys hoping someone can clear some things up, on my nova i need to have my pedals a little different.
acc pedal - needs to be an electronic one from a mk4 astra
brake pedal - anything but standard nova one
clutch pedal - cable (or could convert to hydraulic)

so im thinking it might be easier to make a bolt in pedal box that holds the mountings for these pedals or use a universal pedal box like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OBP-Universal-Floor-Mount-Pedal-Box-Cable-Clutch-Kit-Car-/270784742265?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0c074379#ht_1299wt_1396

do these mean i dont need a servo or master cylinder setup in the engine bay for the brakes? (that would be nice)
clutch would remain with the cable
acc id still need to mount it, or maybe just cutting the whole floor are out of a mk4 astra and try mounting the whole thing in the nova???

ideas and opinions please guys

bazil
29-01-12, 07:23 PM
That one would mean hydraulic clutch and brakes only on that box,

You would not require brake servo or master cylinder in the bay, the front and rear brake have there own cylinder and adjusted by the balance bar, someone has one of these in a nova, eithe novarally or trackdaynova or jolem's mate or cp sorry I can't remember who lol

Mark
29-01-12, 07:31 PM
That one would mean hydraulic clutch

Why?

*edit*
Answered my own question, you went by the picture not the description.

bazil
29-01-12, 07:33 PM
Ah, iPhone phial for me, the link opens in mobile eBay and I CBA messing around reading it lol.

Gareth_C
29-01-12, 07:51 PM
HI Heds im running the OBP nova pedal box and its a obsolulte **** on. It would sit flush with the floor and im having to modify to suit :cry:. That one might fit better if you click the link below there the drawing I would do the measurements to see it wil sit inline with the old pedals otherwise you will have seat issues.
http://www.obpltd.com/help/file/12-2-pedal-floor-mounted-bulkhead-fit-pedal-box-system
Try a on with the master cylinders in front of the pedal box so you can get the pedals closer to the orginal.

If you want a second opinion on the chew ive had with mine speak to dave dixon its given him as much a headache as me :thumb:
Hope this helps mate. Also if you do decide to do it go direct to OBP they give you 10% off for being a png member

heds
29-01-12, 08:17 PM
cheers for the info, the one bonus i have is ive moved my seat down and back a fair bit, im using a longer column from a corsa c to bring the wheel back so i can have the pedals a bit further back too so that might help. would be good if i could take a peek at your setup one weekend if you dont mind

Gareth_C
29-01-12, 08:23 PM
cheers for the info, the one bonus i have is ive moved my seat down and back a fair bit, im using a longer column from a corsa c to bring the wheel back so i can have the pedals a bit further back too so that might help. would be good if i could take a peek at your setup one weekend if you dont mind
well atm my seat will sit a couple of inches from the rear seat platform. yeah no bother mate if you give dave a shout when looking to pop down and ill open the garage up (he doesnt live far from me).