PDA

View Full Version : car wont start.

Christ
28-01-12, 07:13 PM
Hi all, have been having problems with my car for a while now, still cant get it to start. hope someone can offer some advice.

engine is a 20seh, with jump leads off another car the engine will try to turn but just bogs down. If i take the plugs out it turns over no problem, does this sound like a knackered starter? It does not make a clicking sound.

Andy
28-01-12, 07:40 PM
Does it bump off?

Christ
28-01-12, 07:54 PM
cant try mate its stuck in my garage and knowing my luck the police would drive down my street if i tried it. Its untaxed/mot'd etc

Nobby
28-01-12, 08:49 PM
well if your getting a good 12v feed off another car and it turns over doesnt that tell you your batterys fuked? but if its not starting back to basics. Have you got spark and fuel as the rail?

Will F
28-01-12, 10:47 PM
That - or you've got a bad earth?

Christ
29-01-12, 12:33 AM
well if your getting a good 12v feed off another car and it turns over doesnt that tell you your batterys fuked? but if its not starting back to basics. Have you got spark and fuel as the rail?

it doesnt turn over with the plugs in. with the plugs out it trys to turn over but cant manage. has fuel because it comes out the sparkplug holes when their out. definately has spark, brand new coil, dizzy and leads.

AndrewJenkins
29-01-12, 08:19 AM
That - or you've got a bad earth?

agreed i had it when i put mine on the road at first (different engine though)check all your eath leads are clean and have a good conection to the body etc if nothing ovious then you can go on to check them properly

Christ
02-05-12, 10:03 PM
Gave up on trying to sort this myself, a local mechanic has taken it away. He said the injectors are constantly firing and flooding the engine, if he unplugs the injectors it will start and run on the fuel that is in the rail. Anybody know what might cause this? He also says the cable to the starter is getting very on turn over.

thespannerman
02-05-12, 10:07 PM
assume thats gets very hot while turning over, thats an earth fault IMO! is the earth strap there from the chassi to the gearbox..we forgot to put it back on after fitting my mates redturd, just dimmed the lights on the dash.....sticking starter didnt help either though!

Christ
10-05-12, 09:42 PM
mechanic has said the starter is definately goosed so im on the lookout for a 2nd hand one now.

Anybody got any ideas why the injectors would be firing all the time?