PDA

View Full Version : Equal Length Shafts

murph-gsi
28-01-12, 12:25 PM
Hi I bought the Chris Astley conversion a good while ago. Hubs, shafts etc
Am thinking about using the equal length setup on a nova c20xe.

Few quick ques:

-Does it make much of a difference?
-What components do I need to make it all up?

Pics would help too.
Thanks Chris

Iain
28-01-12, 01:10 PM
I'm in the process of collecting parts for this too so interested in the results.

From what I've read you need the straight shaft, bracket with bearing, and all CVs off a standard Vaux setup, then replace the outer shafts with your conversion ones.

My thinking is it should make a difference as Vauxhall took the time and effort to make them and put them on XEs in Calibras etc?

bazil
28-01-12, 01:21 PM
Supposed to reduce torque steer,
Vectra GSI's use them aswell,

The Simps
28-01-12, 01:56 PM
Its definitely worth doing on a LET nova, not sure if anything else has really enough torque to cause a genuine problem??

Does the Chris Astley stuff already use big block cvs machined down? So you would just need the fixed shaft and short shaft that goes with it?

murph-gsi
29-01-12, 09:19 AM
Well I would be hoping for !80bhp on my nova when its done so bound to be a bit of torque steer?
I dont know what the hubs are off Chris Astley?
So as a shopping list gone what do I need apart from the two equal length shafts?
Any help appreciated.
Chris

Benn
29-01-12, 11:01 AM
It took almost all toqure steer from my turbo, you really notice it, well worth doing it. Glad i did.

The Simps
29-01-12, 11:59 AM
Well I would be hoping for !80bhp on my nova when its done so bound to be a bit of torque steer?
I dont know what the hubs are off Chris Astley?
So as a shopping list gone what do I need apart from the two equal length shafts?
Any help appreciated.
Chris

It will help with any torque but its most noticeable on turbo'd cars.

You'll need the fixed shaft & bracket (I'm sure my mates got one in our pile of bits, I could ask him what he wants for it?), the driveshaft that goes into that along with the female CV. Your chris astley CV will then go on the end of that driveshaft as I'm sure his are machined big block cvs.

Gareth_C
29-01-12, 07:57 PM
If you speak to dave dixon griffin auotsport he sells the bit that goes from the vaux shaft to the hub.