PDA

View Full Version : C14SE head conversion. HELP!

Super-Nova
24-01-12, 01:43 PM
Hey guys! Ive put a C14SE head on my nova! trying to make it an SRi! Ive wired the ecu up, and i have a spark. I've got a fuel pump, which was off a vauxhall tigra! I connected that up to the relay, and for some weird reason the relay wasnt switching! So i just bypassed the relay and connected the fuel pump up to the switched 12v (when ignition was turned on) that went to the relay! So the pump then worked when ignition was turned on and i had a spark but still it didnt start? I think it has something to do with the high pressure regulator? or the injectors? Because i know the spark is working bcuz i tested this by spraying easy start down the intake whilst cranking and its was slmost starting if you get me! turned over for half a second or whatever! But yeah if anyone could give me any advice that would be great :)

swedge
24-01-12, 01:45 PM
have you connected up your switched live correctly?

it has tro be live when cranking, alot of people wire it up to something that dosnt stay live on cranking which cuts the ecu off

Super-Nova
24-01-12, 03:52 PM
Hi swedge! Yeah i did what you said in the other thread and connected it up to the wiper motor! It was a black and purple wire! And if the ecu was cutting off i wouldnt be getting spark? Also i checked the fuel injectors for a voltage (theres two pins for each injector), and i was getting 12v when ignition was on and cranking on one of the pins and about 1v on the other pin whilst cranking?

mowgli
24-01-12, 04:04 PM
use the original coil feed wire to power the ecu

Super-Nova
24-01-12, 04:07 PM
but im pretty sure my ecu is getting power? I have a spark, i tested it against the head.

swedge
24-01-12, 04:07 PM
ive had problems with injectors before, what i done was unbolt the fuel rail and take the injectors out the head but leave them attached to the fuel rail and get someone to crank it over

be carefull though as if they are working you will get fuel spraying out

Super-Nova
24-01-12, 04:13 PM
Ahhhh thats what i was going to do! But i thought should ask on here first! :L Also do you think the fuel pump ive used might be the issue? I know it has more than enough pressure but when i turn the ignition on i i hear the pump switch on but it doesnt turn off? I read online somewhere that the pump switches off after it reaches a certain pressure!

swedge
24-01-12, 04:22 PM
the pump dosnt actually switch of it will sill stop pumping fuel though so dont worry about it overfuelling

the injectors have to open before it will actually get into the engine anyway, the pump from the tigra will be fine as its a mpi pump

Super-Nova
24-01-12, 04:28 PM
Right ok, so best bet for me to do next is to test the injectors. I also tested the bleed valve on the fuel rail and only a bit of fuel came out? which makes me think it could be the pressure regulator! But i'll test the injectors first! Once again, thanks swedge! :D

mowgli
24-01-12, 04:31 PM
unless the relay is also connected to the coil live, there is a good chance it won't be getting 12v all the time when cranking.

swedge
24-01-12, 04:33 PM
yes make sure the pump is still pumping whislt cranking and make sure you have no kinks in your fuel pipes