PDA

View Full Version : ROBBED :( :@

mikeoxford
18-07-03, 04:34 PM
rebuilding my new engine.

one of the last things to do was put the crankshaft sprocket and pulley on.

i thought sh!t i wont be able to time the engine up.

so i went to buy a cam belt cover from vauxhall (JUST the rear off an E16SE round top) as it busted when it came off

THIRTY TWO GOD DAMN POUNDS :o

AND

that was TRADE price !!

i was well chuffed as i spoke to bloke for only a couple of mins. got him to give me discounts in future etc etc, he got me the cover. printed invoice. and then says 32 pounds im like AY! he then says its 40+ without trade!!!

thought that werent right, so phoned two other vauxs and there the same price :@

ade
18-07-03, 05:47 PM
feck Mike thats steep!

I got a complete tming cover (flat top) - comes in 3 pieces from Vauxhall - including fitting was ?16.99

:D

dunno the diff between the 1.6 and 1.4 one but its just plastic and a few screws with a notch/pin on it.

:?

Tilly
18-07-03, 06:07 PM
i got robbed to. brought some locking wheel nuts and the key doesnt fit (well it does but its bloody hard)

Will
18-07-03, 06:44 PM
Tilly id ask for your money back from that bloke, sounds dodgy to me :wink:

novax
18-07-03, 06:56 PM
LMFAO at Tilly and Nutter :D

Tilly
18-07-03, 07:01 PM
even u tried didnt ya dave?

mikeoxford
18-07-03, 07:12 PM
taking my thread over! :evil: :wink:

LOL i forgot about that - i did say to you show them to us and you can have your $$$ back, and ive seen u at both PV and VBOA and u never said anything :cry: u shudve.

as for my covers. he said it is a rarer one or something. as you will find majority of 1.6 and newer vaux 8v have square top covers.

i *THINK* i may have got away with one of them. there like half the price as u said ade.

but i wasnt sure about timing marks :(

so basiucally they saw me coming. and nowt else i can do.

shouldve compared them i guess.

although new ones have spaces for automatic tensioners and rubbish

techie
18-07-03, 07:24 PM
Its like when I got my new front bumper from Vauxhall.

Brand new GSi bumper ?80 complete with tow eye cover

Tow eye cover on its own ?35

wtf????

brian
19-07-03, 12:12 AM
last time i bought a timimg belt kit for 1600 16v (incl runners) i had a small heart attack. can't even remember now but i though it was very dear at the time!

Paul
19-07-03, 06:43 PM
The big black man who bends you over, I mean Southend vaux garage want ?194 for a GSi bumper.

Ben (lurk75)
19-07-03, 07:43 PM
mike- We got loads :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tilly
19-07-03, 11:12 PM
sooooo and ur point is???????/

mikeoxford
19-07-03, 11:57 PM
mike- We got loads :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah i got two all on engine blocks. i cant get the bottom pulley of a bloody engine without breaking the cover first though :evil:

i was going to ask you actually - but i need the engine in the car like NOW so i cant wait for stuff to be delievered and posted etc :( bummer

stop depressing me further!

techie
20-07-03, 12:01 AM
I think his point is displayed in his sig.

If you need Nova parts before going to Vauxhall and getting tucked up ask him, he might be able to sort you out.

?Marty?
21-07-03, 01:27 AM
And stop whinging, it's only thirty two quid goddammit.

I bought my new wheels, and first time i went for a drive picked up 7 nails in my front tyre and 4 in the back (fuck knows where). Both needed to be replaced.

Also, my mate had a 1.4 sr engine fitted in his 1.2 merit, and the first time it was started, it ran for 60 seconds before the pistons smashed the fuck out the valves (bottom cam belt pulley came off). Bought another engine, lowered it and etc and wrote the car off a week later by pulling out infront of a bus (after i sold him some alloys too). The car was bent like a banana! Ouch.