PDA

View Full Version : Nova Rear Opening Windows - How to fit into a mk2????

NoVaBoOt26
22-01-12, 05:05 PM
As title^^^ Im at the stage of needing to start making the holes in the b post/pillar and i would like to know the measurements of the holes and how far apart they are from each other if anybody can please tell me? Pictures would be a massive help aswel please anyone? or if somebody with a mk1 could take their windows out and and measure up for me please.

Cheers

Chris

swedge
22-01-12, 05:06 PM
cant you just fit the windows in place and mark up the holes? wouldnt that be the easiest way?

NoVaBoOt26
22-01-12, 05:39 PM
cant you just fit the windows in place and mark up the holes? wouldnt that be the easiest way?

I really just wanted some pictures as iv never really seen a set fitted and never seen what it looks like without the windows in.

swedge
22-01-12, 05:43 PM
aright im sure there are pictures on here somewhere i know bazil had a set for sale a while back he may have some pics

LEWI007
22-01-12, 05:50 PM
I thought the holes were already there, my nova has got them.

Lewis.
22-01-12, 05:53 PM
/\ thought it was just cut outs in the window surrounds they have?

NoVaBoOt26
22-01-12, 06:03 PM
I thought the holes were already there, my nova has got them.

Mine doesn't have the holes, think oracle just mk1s

Southie
22-01-12, 06:06 PM
PM pistolpete, novasport, Duick, Mayhem and Brettski as they've all had them fitted at some point or had the stored in a loft ;)

Novasport
22-01-12, 06:36 PM
The new shell I had and that Edd now has is mk1 but it did not have the holes. I carefully measured a mk1 at my local scrapyard and then cut the holes with Dremel.
The grey window sorrounds have the holes but they are bigger than the ones on the B pillar but they do not line up very well so don't be tempted to use them as a template.

If you have a Mk2 the windows are a crap fit, I helped fit a set to Novacabrio's GSi and the levers would not sit right on the C pillar or close and lock properly. I think it was due to the C pillars being a different profile to a Mk1. He refitted his original glass as we could not get them right.

Pete
22-01-12, 07:17 PM
My mk1 don't have the holes on the b pillar. I think it was just if vauxhall could be arsed to put them in lol

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z389/PetePNG/1384ac3f.jpg
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z389/PetePNG/8b562d13.jpg

scott.parker
22-01-12, 07:41 PM
As said Pete's (pistol pete) got some pics in his wip and he will probably give you a measurement for them too if you pm him.

christurboo
23-01-12, 12:48 AM
easy peasy....want to buy another set...?

NOV4_SPORT
23-01-12, 07:07 AM
I have fitted them to the sport. I will get pics and sizes/ locations for the holes etc for you and post them up tonight buddy

NoVaBoOt26
23-01-12, 10:13 AM
I have fitted them to the sport. I will get pics and sizes/ locations for the holes etc for you and post them up tonight buddy

What a man cheers bud

Pistol Pete
23-01-12, 10:25 AM
Not hard to fit at all. All mk1's have the holes as standard. Apparently!!

All I did for mine (mk2) was place the surrounds in, scribe around the rectangle slots, then cut about 3-4mm inside the scribe lines. You need a tight for for the rubber bungs. Rear c post hinges were also easy. Fit glass, b post fixings etc, then get someone to hold the glass, mark and drill. Mine snap shut on the latch.