PDA

View Full Version : advice please, re seller who did not give everything bought.

marc69
21-01-12, 10:41 PM
I bought a car a few months ago from a well known site which i will call chewingtree. An agreement was made for the car and some spare panels.
The seller delivered the car (wasn't drivable) and all the panels apart from the tailgate which i need for another car I have. He said he forgot and would deliver it later that week. He seemed honest and everything else was here so i gave him the cash (I know, too naieve).

After a few weeks I called, he said his van was broken, the next week his girlfriend answered and said he was working away until after the new year. I left it until 2 weeks ago as didn't want to be a pain. She answered once and said he works til late, I said thats ok, if he can just give me a call and we can sort it out.

Now, they never answer the phone, I sent him texts, he never replies either.

Although it's only a tailgate, I have paid for it and they are hard to get up here.

Do I bother going to his flat to see if he will answer?
Do I go to the mother in laws house where the tailgate is and just tell her I am collecting it?

marc69
21-01-12, 10:43 PM
just realised that was my satanic post! (it originally logged as post 666)

Bubba
21-01-12, 11:02 PM
in a short...yes. friendly visit to his flat

DAFTJOHN
22-01-12, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I'd pop up and pick the tailgate up. Drop him a txt saying you'll be up at a set date and give him the chance to respond....otherwise I could be a wasted journey assuming its a good distance. Ask him for fuel dosh if you had previously paid him to deliver.

Nova-nation
22-01-12, 10:56 AM
Go get it! Dont tell him your coming otherwise he may not be in, or he might not answer the door, just go get your stuff

marc69
22-01-12, 11:43 AM
I had hoped I might get a response from him here as he is a member here too. Tried calling again this morning (I am starting to feel like a stalker!), and yes, no answer.

novalovingned
22-01-12, 09:07 PM
Name and shame? ;)

mk1nova_rich
23-01-12, 08:22 AM
Go pick up the tailgate without telling him, then name and shame IMO

floydy13
23-01-12, 09:56 PM
i'ld go round the old dears and tell her your picking it up, get the kettle on! im sure she will prob be more than happy to rid of it!!

Mike
23-01-12, 09:58 PM
Name and shame? ;)

This.

LEWI007
23-01-12, 10:30 PM
Id go up and pick the tailgate up without telling him also, take a couple of the boys with you incase it kicks off lol lol

marc69
23-01-12, 10:43 PM
I went round, collected it, my mate took it away, there was no answer at the door. I thought it was courteous to phone and let them know so they didn't think it had been kn icked.

Well after weeks of never getting any calls from them, the girlfriend leaves a message 5 minutes later! Asking what tailgate was taken and where from.

I sent a message back stating where it was from and it was the exact one that was agreed upon. I also said if there is any problems let me know.

So far nothing else. I won't name and shame unless there are any other problems, as it now stands, I got what i paid for although it was a lot of hassle.

Incidently, what is it about buying a tailgate? This is the second one I bought and wasn't given as promised although the previous seller did return my money a few months later after I got very difficult. ( I hate having to be awkward but it seems to be necessary more and more)

Thanks everyone for thier advice though, much appreciated.

Bubba
23-01-12, 10:49 PM
a tailgate for what? lol

floydy13
23-01-12, 10:50 PM
was it a nova tailgate?

marc69
23-01-12, 10:53 PM
yes

brainsnova
24-01-12, 11:31 AM
Was it a long drive as I wouldn't fancy driving too far with just a tailgate but then again I have a good memory.