PDA

View Full Version : LET Expert needed!

Adam*D
18-01-12, 08:10 PM
Hello everyone, long time no speaklol
My mate has just aquired a corsa with a turbo lump. It was all running perfect for a few weeks then his problems started. He was driving and it just started running on 3 cylinders. We have changed plugs, leads, dizzy cap, rotor, injectors, fuel pump all thin vaccum pipes. We checked the timing and the belt had jumped approx 2-3 teeth so it's been reset now. Is
this enough of a jump to bend valves?
We have also noticed the knock sensor isn't plugged in as there is nowhere to plug it:confused:
Also, in the plastic injector rail wiring compartment there is a cut wire (green with white trace), this has been there all along but the car was running lovely???
Any help as it's really testing our patience!

Nova_Tek
18-01-12, 08:21 PM
Do a compression test mate, will be able to tell you if there is problem internally hence it running on 3 cylinders.

Adam*D
18-01-12, 08:25 PM
forgot to mention that, all 4 are the same 160psi

Southie
18-01-12, 08:40 PM
Have you a eml light wired in?

Have you tried another AFM, they are known for faults.

What plugs have you tried?

Also are the intercooler pipes definitely not split?

Edit:
The knock sensor plugs in here.

http://www.mickey-garage.pl/uploads/images/000/000/thumbs/276-255/866b4ae4ac7b310737c3106ea2eedd59.jpg

Longdogcharlie
18-01-12, 08:43 PM
Ive had it with the wires damaged to the temperature switch and it ran rich on 3 cylinders..

Adam*D
18-01-12, 08:45 PM
The engine is in standard tune, so standard calibra turbo plugs were used.
No EML wired up but we have access to a vauxhall computer, this has told us the ECU was broke lol, we tried another ecu from a running car and it was the same??
Even on idle it has a slight missfire, but before the new injectors were put in it was 10 times worse.
I/C pipes are all fine.

Adam*D
18-01-12, 08:47 PM
Ive had it with the wires damaged to the temperature switch and it ran rich on 3 cylinders..
How could we test the CTS wiring?

autoworksnovasport
18-01-12, 08:49 PM
have you tried a new ignition amp??

blue_peg_16v
18-01-12, 08:53 PM
Are you sur it's not the tank vent valve plug knock sensor should be on back of block on same loom as icv also

Adam*D
18-01-12, 08:54 PM
When I say the knock sensor isn't plugged in I mean it's fitted to the block, but there is no wiring plug on the loom to plug it in???

craig green
18-01-12, 09:15 PM
When I say the knock sensor isn't plugged in I mean it's fitted to the block, but there is no wiring plug on the loom to plug it in???

Well it clearly needs connecting, so something is amiss with the loom there. Are the plugs gapped correctly? (common error) though not my diagnosis.

Adam*D
18-01-12, 10:11 PM
I agree it should be plugged in, but again, it's ran fine before without it?
Further investigation is req'd tomorro :)

Will F
19-01-12, 08:46 AM
I agree it should be plugged in, but again, it's ran fine before without it?
Further investigation is req'd tomorro :)

It probably didnt - it may have run better, but it wont run fine when thats not plugged in! It shares a mini loom with the ICV - so try to trace it back and you should see it - its a small black plug.

Jeff16v
20-01-12, 09:40 PM
Low fuel pump pressure can also cause it to miss and run like crap, as I'm finding out at the mo,

Test it by running a perm live to the pump and building pressure up before starting it.

Adam*D
20-01-12, 09:48 PM
We've tried a s/h pump as the original pump did give up, there seems to be loads of pressure at the rail. Gonna have a full day on it tomorra and if it's still not fixed it will be broke for spares lol
How can ya check for bent valves without removing the head?
Has anyone else had a cam belt jump a couple of teeth? did it cause any damage or not?

doug_sri
22-01-12, 05:16 PM
my turbo was running funny, fault was some pieces of rust sitting on one injector inlet, rust from the tank but added a fuel filter now, and a new tank. Took the injector out and tapped it upside down and there was the piece of rust.

Adam*D
23-01-12, 05:42 PM
Well you'd never believe it, boost pipe from the intercooler had come off!
Refitted and it's back up and running now :) :) Still has no knock sensor connected yet either???
Thanks everyone for the help ;)