PDA

View Full Version : 5 days until my theory test...

Nova-nation
16-01-12, 09:55 PM
I turn 17 on saturday, and i am aiming to pass my test fairly fast.
therefore, i have booked my theory test, for saturday (before the theory test changes on the monday) and now have to learn everything i need in 5 days...

anyone got any sneaky tips?

dc1984
16-01-12, 10:02 PM
Best of luck matey.

Just try to revise the highway code as best you can.

David

Nova-nation
16-01-12, 10:17 PM
cheers bud, just did an online test and got a pass, so looking good, just going to keep on at them to get it to sink in

7ova
16-01-12, 10:18 PM
good luck fella

steviegsi
16-01-12, 10:20 PM
Buy the book, and keep going through it over and over. It will surprise you what sticks in your memory. Best of luck.

Phil_d
16-01-12, 10:26 PM
Just read the latest highway code cover to cover, but in all fairness when i did mine two and a half years ago most of it was common sense, i got questions about what do you do if you come accros sheep in the road and strange questions like that, hope it goes well for you pal.

Nova-nation
16-01-12, 10:31 PM
cheers everyone! will go buy the latest highway code tomorrow!
however it is going well, the latest test i did online i got 47/50 and i need 43 to pass!
best make it stick in my head though

_Jake
16-01-12, 10:46 PM
get the AA cd's helped me loads when i did mine last year. Also do the hazard awareness thing on there alot, can be right ******* to see some of them!

Nova-nation
16-01-12, 11:04 PM
I think the plan is, to go down the town tomorrow and stock up on things to help me !

Liam
16-01-12, 11:08 PM
On my first attempt I got 50/50 on the test but failed on the hazard preception. I then asked my driving instructor about the hazard preception and he told me it was because I was too afraid to press too many times in case it failed it.

The second time I done the test, I got 49/50 with a trick question which I didn't read fully and when on the hazzard preception I pressed the button when I felt the need to and a few extra presses before and after, that way you won't miss the points. I then passed the hazard preception by a good few points.

Benn
16-01-12, 11:19 PM
Buy the book, mark the answers on each question.

Read the question then the answer only. You'll learn it quick that way.

blue_peg_16v
16-01-12, 11:25 PM
i tell my pupils to press when they see a hazzard and then again as it develops, you have to press it a fair few times to get a no score, the hazzard peception is the bit that usually gets people tbf

Nova-nation
16-01-12, 11:25 PM
So the plan is, plenty or revision for the test, then plenty of practice for the hazzard perception.

Many thanks everyone! this is a lot of help!

blue_peg_16v
16-01-12, 11:26 PM
Buy the book, mark the answers on each question.

Read the question then the answer only. You'll learn it quick that way.

wont be able to do that after the 23rd as dsa wont be releasing the questionas anymore

Nova-nation
16-01-12, 11:28 PM
wont be able to do that after the 23rd as dsa wont be releasing the questionas anymore

i had my test booked for the 23rd, but found a cancellation for the 21st, which was just ideal!

blue_peg_16v
16-01-12, 11:33 PM
yup advised all mine to get in before lol

tbf its not changing that much the questions will be based on the same subjects just worded differently so you cant just learn the questions you will actually have to know the stuff. tbf if you are interested in cars and driving alot is common sence as stated,

only other thing i would say is take your time on the day theres plenty of time so dont rush also donnt be allarmed it you get 2 or 3 questions that seam the same they probably are very similar

Nova-nation
16-01-12, 11:35 PM
thats what i think im going to do, take my time, and make sure i check what im doing!
cant afford to get it wrong and have to take it again.

TeddyThom
17-01-12, 08:29 PM
If the DSA aren't releasing the questions anymore how the hell you supposed to practise?? Won't be long before the ones out now will be somewhat irrelevant.

On another note, the theory test etc is easy peasy :) I passed mine first time twice :thumb:

Good luck!

Nova-nation
19-01-12, 08:18 PM
Been doing well on my theory test questions practice!

However, ive hit a new problem, the hazzerd perception practice videos i have been using are not the newest to say the least, and i cant help myself looking how many cool 90's and 80's cars there is in them! Ive seen 3 mk2 cavy's 2 mk2 astra's and a fair few novas! and thats just the vauxhalls!

must concentrate more... lol

200th post!

Liam
19-01-12, 08:47 PM
Been doing well on my theory test questions practice!

However, ive hit a new problem, the hazzerd perception practice videos i have been using are not the newest to say the least, and i cant help myself looking how many cool 90's and 80's cars there is in them! Ive seen 3 mk2 cavy's 2 mk2 astra's and a fair few novas! and thats just the vauxhalls!

must concentrate more... lol

200th post!

The actual test has the same sort of videos in the same decade. I had the exact same problem too! lol

Jack
19-01-12, 08:51 PM
If the DSA aren't releasing the questions anymore how the hell you supposed to practise??
How about by learning the stuff and doing example questions?

It doesn't really matter if they're not the very same questions you'll get in the test - as long as they're similar so you know what kinda thing to expect. Lets be honest now, the theory test (hazard perception aside) is probably the easiest test you'll ever have to take in your life!

Tsk, kids these days lol

Nova-nation
19-01-12, 08:52 PM
Its a killer!
must concentrate on test... must concentrate on test... oow nova gte! **** failed.

Could be tricky

Jack
19-01-12, 08:54 PM
Vauxhall = click. Hazard. Bits could fall off them as they drive past. lol

blue_peg_16v
19-01-12, 08:57 PM
If the DSA aren't releasing the questions anymore how the hell you supposed to practise?? Won't be long before the ones out now will be somewhat irrelevant.

On another note, the theory test etc is easy peasy :) I passed mine first time twice :thumb:

Good luck!

You will have to learn the highway code and be able to answer questions on it just the same as now the only difference is that at present the question pool is public so all the questions on the practic discs are the exact wording an answers that are available to use on the actual test, in future the questions will be on the same subjects but not worded the same. Let's face it it's been long overdue changing were else can you go into an exam having seen all the answers to the questions previously and not be classed as cheating? It will make it harder and mean you will need to know the highway code not just answers to questions which in my book is a good thing, just literally got back from a lesson and the driver had little knowledge of the highway code and this was evident in the lesson when I asked how she passed she said I learnt the answers to the questions, which proves the theory test isn't doing what it was introduced to do, which is why it's changing.

Nova-nation
19-01-12, 09:01 PM
Vauxhall = click. Hazard. Bits could fall off them as they drive past. lol

Like rear wheels when bearings seize up in Riggy's case lol

Nova-nation
21-01-12, 10:11 AM
You'll be all pleased to hear that I passed my theory test this morning!
Now I have my first driving lesson at 11:30, hopefully I'll pass fast!

Tim
21-01-12, 12:18 PM
well done mate.

TeddyThom
21-01-12, 01:51 PM
Congratulations matey :)

swedge
21-01-12, 02:15 PM
congrats :)

blue_peg_16v
21-01-12, 02:43 PM
Congrats and good luck with your lessons

Nova-nation
21-01-12, 02:51 PM
Cheers everyone! The first lesson went well! Got a grade 6 instructor so it's looking good!

blue_peg_16v
21-01-12, 03:37 PM
Should be Ok then mate sounds like he will no what he is doing

Lewis.
21-01-12, 03:57 PM
well done mate :)

Nova-nation
21-01-12, 05:00 PM
Cheers everyone!