PDA

View Full Version : rev counter wiring.

Curtoise
15-01-12, 12:56 PM
right i have a problem with my rev gauge not working. it is a 1.6 gte engine running standard setup that i have put in a 1.4i nova....

i will try and explain this as best as possible because its hard to explain lol.

there is a green wire that comes out of the GTE loom where the multi plug is, this is running to the top right pin on the coil and the only way the engine will start and run is if this wire is here!

now i have my old 1.4 loom in the bay also at the moment and i cut the green wire off the original coil plug and if i connect it to the top right pin of the coil aswell the engine doesnt start but the rev counter bounces...

someone said to me it could be that the coil is not getting enough power if the original green wire to my dash is connected ?!?

any ideas or does anyone have a diagram to show how it should be?!
cheers
curt:thumb:

Curtoise
20-01-12, 01:15 PM
anyone on?

mowgli
20-01-12, 01:28 PM
there is a green to the coil to pin 1. there is also a green to the rev counter. according to haynes, they should both be connected to the coil. do you still have the old gm style coil?

i've just braved the elements to have a nosey at mine.. the coil has 2 wires going to it, as you look straight at the spades with the ht above them, the green is to top right, & the black is to top left.