PDA

View Full Version : 1 plus 2 new hyundacrap

turbojolt
10-01-12, 09:47 PM
Am I missing something here, why would you want two doors on one side of the car and one on the other ?

Sounds like a stupid gimmick to me

ocdstigy
10-01-12, 09:48 PM
Ridiculous if you ask me....

Jack
10-01-12, 09:57 PM
The double doors open on the roadside too don't they? Gash if you ask me.

Wasn't there some old AMC or something that had one door bigger than the other back in the 70s?

turbojolt
10-01-12, 09:59 PM
Is it not the mini countryman that has two doors that open on to the road aswell so stupid

basilmk1
10-01-12, 10:02 PM
I was just about to say the new mini is the same, stupid idea and dangerous

MK999
10-01-12, 10:04 PM
Is it not the mini countryman that has two doors that open on to the road aswell so stupid

Not in the majority of countries it will be sold.

There's an old Volvo-brick with 2 doors one side one the other too.

Royston
10-01-12, 10:06 PM

That is because they wouldn't change the fuel filler/tank arrangement;)

Also LHD models 2 doors are on the "correct side" no doubt the majority of the cars produced, RHD being the minority:(

Novasport
10-01-12, 10:13 PM
Typical of us Brits really. Mini, a supposed British car(Now owned by ze Germans), built in Britain but caters for every other bl00dy country but ours! No other country would put up with this would they? Sorry, rant over lol

Stuart
10-01-12, 10:20 PM
It's business, wherever it's sold the most gets the predominant spec... Pretty straight forward if you ask me.

The new range of hyundais and kias looks great, then you remember they are kias and hyundais lol

turbojolt
10-01-12, 10:23 PM
what's the depreciation on them now days anyway lol

Keif
11-01-12, 06:43 AM
Guys you're wrong. Hyundai have made two shells, one for blighty and the other for europe. The concept is good IMO, saves rear seat passengers opening their door into traffic. They've already had an advert banned as it showed the grin reaper opening a rear passenger door into traffic and the lass getting out gets mowed down be a truck. I'll post a link later.

quite like the look of it too.

turbojolt
11-01-12, 07:52 AM
Never realised that so many people died opening there doors, Darwin award contenders if you ask me

Jack
11-01-12, 09:03 AM
Died breaking the law - its an offence to open your car door into traffic!

Seems a bit daft they're making two frames though. Does the seat on the 'big' door side tip forward to allow rear access on that side also?

Stuart
11-01-12, 09:04 AM
No mirrors on the rear doors... so I can see how its such a high accident rate. But this just takes away more requirement to pay attention for the car behind :(

blue_peg_16v
11-01-12, 09:29 AM
Jesus Hyundai are shocking had an i20 for 3 days last month while the corsa was in the garage told them never to give me that bloody car again, engine was so unrefined it drove worse than a standard 1.0 nova drank fuel like there was no tomorrow and the throttle was so light it was stupid all my pupils hated it totally dreadful cars imo

turbojolt
11-01-12, 09:45 AM
Jesus Hyundai are shocking had an i20 for 3 days last month while the corsa was in the garage told them never to give me that bloody car again, engine was so unrefined it drove worse than a standard 1.0 nova drank fuel like there was no tomorrow and the throttle was so light it was stupid all my pupils hated it totally dreadful cars imo

Did they find the whole windscreen wiper and indicator switches being on the other side difficult lol I use to always forget what side was what when switching between the mx5 and caddy lol

mowgli
11-01-12, 11:12 AM
the italians have been showing versions of this idea at motor shows for years, didn't alfa also build a 3dr car with the passenger seat about a foot nearer the front so the rear passengers could get out easier

svlet
11-01-12, 11:42 AM
The double doors open on the roadside too don't they? Gash if you ask me.

Wasn't there some old AMC or something that had one door bigger than the other back in the 70s?
Yeah an ugly little American hatch Called a pacer one door is some thing like half a foot longer than the other.

Jack
11-01-12, 12:17 PM
Did they find the whole windscreen wiper and indicator switches being on the other side difficult
As in on the proper side? lol

I find it much easier to have indicator on the right side - thats how the Celica is from factory. Swapped the Nova round and will be doing the cav when I get a free minute to take the wheel off!

Keif
11-01-12, 12:36 PM
Banned advert (European)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KW1tXuJFT8

UK TV advert.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvnCajmm9Eg

mowgli
11-01-12, 12:54 PM
Does anyone else think someone cocked up at the factory and accidentally made some duff shells??

Stuart
11-01-12, 01:26 PM
nope, some thundercunt in 'design' thought it would be cool so they got made.... Engineering would want to burn the design team lol

Andy
11-01-12, 03:42 PM
nope, some thundercunt in 'design' thought it would be cool so they got made.... Engineering would want to burn the design team lol
LMFAO lol lol lol

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Stuart again.

Alex J
11-01-12, 04:16 PM
my sisters other half works in Ford design, and they made a concept fiesta a few years back with the same three door design, it was ment for mothers with young babys, and had a bottle warmer as an extra lol

mowgli
11-01-12, 04:24 PM
/\ that was definitely a bank holiday car then.....and wasn't meant to have been made