bonnet catch failure.

TeddyThom
09-01-12, 09:10 PM
Anything that has 12v running through it lol
Electrical problems like the pugs then eh?? :(

Thankfully it's not me buying it...

turbojolt
10-01-12, 08:54 AM
I think its a bit of a urban myth that all these French cars breakdown all the time tbh

mk1nova_rich
10-01-12, 09:15 AM
Not really, nearly everyone I know has had trouble with a French car....in 2008 my mums mates 55 plate C2 had a total electronic shutdown, cost £2500 to get sorted

mowgli
10-01-12, 12:31 PM
electric windows gubbins... if they don't work, theres a good chance there is a stick holding it closed. like my cousins was after whe visited us in a downpour....

as above, engine bay electrics..

mowgli
10-01-12, 12:32 PM
I think its a bit of a urban myth that all these French cars breakdown all the time tbh

ok, i admit it, its a myth..... the owners of french cars even go along with it by parking their cars on the hard shoulder of motorways with the hazards on.....

torquey
10-01-12, 05:24 PM
gearboxes, bushes,they are s**t

db_1.2
10-01-12, 05:34 PM
We got one for the misses as a daily. The throttle body froze shut one night, and the rear shoes got froze on overnight. But other than that, they are just ****e to drive. Oh, airbag lights play up and good luck changing a headlight bulb!

Deanosri
10-01-12, 06:18 PM
My mum use to run one when teaching people to drive, it was an 02 plate DCi and randomly caught fire whilst some poor girl was mid test! Electrical problems on these are never ending

Andy
10-01-12, 06:28 PM
Its comical how folk say "french cars break down all the time."
Ive worked in a garage and been a recovery driver before and they didnt break down any more than any other "countries" brands of cars.
Whats especially hilarious is a Nova forum complaining that other cars break down lol lol
Because Vauxhalls and Nova's never break down,riggghhhht.
OP-for better advice ask Spud,he works at a Renault dealership.

Edd
10-01-12, 06:33 PM
Nova's only break down if your a crap mechanic lol

French cars do have electrical issues, imo there is no getting away from that, all cars have there faults tho, pug/citroen got Stevie Wonder to put there looms together, Vauxhall didnt bother with any form of rust protection lol

turbojolt
10-01-12, 07:03 PM
if they were that bad the saxos would never have been so popular lol

TeddyThom
11-01-12, 12:00 AM
OP-for better advice ask Spud,he works at a Renault dealership.

To be honest I have been waiting for Spud to po his head, but it doesn't appear that he is even on the forum anymore to some degree. Isn't he working all the hours god sends plus some more??

mowgli
11-01-12, 07:27 AM
i've had to fix 3 clios belonging to friends/family...the oldest, an n reg diesel van truly did run forever and only wear & tear, ie. ign switch & rad needed doing.. then he put it in the scrappage against a brand new clio, which is fine..
the other 2 are about 2001 vintage & both have had electrical trouble.