PDA

View Full Version : window blacking

Wiggie
17-07-03, 04:24 PM
ok, without sounding like tooooo much of a tit, i was tempted to slightly tint my rear windows, i helped do my brothers a while back, we used film-but this ended up look jank, i was wondering if you could use some form of spray?? cluster tint? evan paint?

chers for any genuine answers!

Wigz

Will_Nova1.2i
17-07-03, 06:17 PM
ive seen loads of cheap bottles of spray on ebay for tinting your windows/rear cluster but dont know how easy it is to do im affraid.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2422967568&category=43117

mikeoxford
18-07-03, 12:30 AM
:lol: bit dodgy IMO

bit like the 20 bhp mod for injection cars that overfuels your car

dave.gsi
18-07-03, 12:35 AM
lol @ spray tinting.

if you fuck up with film, spraying will be a whole lot worse

DazK
18-07-03, 01:09 AM
iv done mine with film .. piece of pi$$ NO creases or bubbles 8) .. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS .. if u have half a brain and a mate willing to help ur sorted .. if u muck it up u shouldnt be modding cars :lol:

DazK
18-07-03, 01:09 AM
oh and DONT forget to take the glass out 1st :|

Evolution
18-07-03, 02:37 AM
I couldnt manage to get the glass out of the boot without a struggle, so i took the whole boot off instead to lay it down. works just as good!

I wouldnt bother with spraying, because if you botched it up youd have a hell of a time removing it, and if you put it on too thick, the police wouldnt be happy.

?Marty?
18-07-03, 03:18 AM
I couldnt manage to get the glass out of the boot without a struggle, so i took the whole boot off instead to lay it down. works just as good!

The whole point of removing the glass, is so the tint film runs right to the edge of the actual glass, rather than up to the edge of the rubber. So no, it doesn't work just as good.

Also, just because i'm feeling like a **** (downloaded Terminator 3 whilst watching tv, come back to find that it's Lord of the Rings 2 instead! :evil: ), it's not ''boot'' but tailgate. The 'boot' is the space behind the tailgate. AND, ''if you have money to waste'' you should get a pro to remove all your windows and tint them. :wink:

Wiggie
18-07-03, 10:04 AM
ooook, well chers for SUM posative answers there. windows are a bitch to get back in though aint they?

DazK
18-07-03, 10:57 AM
http://213.239.45.197/~nostalgicpuk/forums//index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=5299&s=139ff3144179926b7710fd011d9a39b5

8)

Breeny
18-07-03, 11:25 AM
Dont do it yourself, will look crap. Even if it has no bubbles the film thats used is very low quality.

Its not that expensive to have it done professionally. ?150 starting prices..

I paid ?215 for mine from Pentagon window technology, they had the car for a whole day and did a perfect job.

As for the rear window.. they are a doddle to take in and out.. Cp showed me how to do the rear screen and rear 1/4 windows and I was suprised to say the least! 30 mins job max to do the whole of the rear of the car.

Wiggie
18-07-03, 12:42 PM
nah cant be dealing with paying! ?$? money and me aint doing too wel at the mo. chers for the link to boy racer who ever it was, that was quite helpfull.

iv kinda gown off the idea of tinting now neways. :roll:

Nova-Boy
18-07-03, 03:41 PM
Do it yourself and take your time. Use loads of soapy water and let it dry over night. Take the windows out and use some washing line or similar to put back in.

Dont spend ?100's for a pro to do it cos some of them only do the same thing as we would but are more experienced.

If you take your time it will be just as good.

Spray is no good for your windows. WILL look sh*t and run etc etc. Only any good for doing small rear clusters etc etc which IMO works very well.

Euan
18-07-03, 04:20 PM
just wrap yer window in a bin liner :? :lol:

greg00uk
18-07-03, 05:39 PM
ive stubled across a quality item,

have a look at www.ruracing.co.uk or something like that.

They sell a product film that you can put on windows, lights ect, and spray NORMAL car paint into it, and it tints it that colour legally!

They only do sun strips and light clusters now but they say they are working on full window kits. Thats gotta be a step in the right direction rite?

anyway, depends on what couor your car is to the tinting thingy. Get it done buy a pro, cos then you can get it done in hundards of different shades, styles and coulors. And not just bog standard off that blends in the the crowd! lol

Neil.
19-07-03, 03:25 AM
me and my mate did mine, the rear side windows, just get inside a push on the window, it will pop out, i had to do my TAILGATE window in 3 pieces.

DazK
19-07-03, 07:05 AM
push on the feckin window?? what drugs are on!! .. maybe ur window seal was fecked .. if u pushed my window u would feckin smash it!!! jesus .. what a muppet .. tellin people to virtually smash there windows.. ur advising people to do summat stupid/dangerous :roll: use that link i posted that tells how to remove glass the PROPER way .. none of this push on the window crap :evil:

?Marty?
19-07-03, 03:28 PM
I prefer to push the windows out using my face.

Wiggie
19-07-03, 07:48 PM
lol @ DAZ, i fink hes got some issues going on inside his head. you do push the window out love, pick up your haynes manual. stop being so fekin argumentative

chers for any genuine answers

yeah that means ppl who actuly have a clue can answer.

DazK
20-07-03, 04:35 AM
ROFL LMAO .. ok smartarse .. go and PUSH ur windows out :lol: have fun :evil:

Neil.
20-07-03, 05:24 AM
hand bags at 30 paces!