PDA

View Full Version : nova bias valve

mitsu
07-01-12, 07:49 PM
bought my self a rear disk beem for my nova and was wanting to no what i can fit so the rear disks dont lock up, i not you can fit wilwood bias valves on to ur brake lines but not realy wanting to do that. someone once told me you can change the valves the come out of the brake fluid tank? eny information and i would be greatfull, thanks :thumb:

bazil
07-01-12, 08:11 PM
I think there is a post in the articles section that details the size of the different valves, it might be worth a look at

novarally
07-01-12, 08:14 PM
bought my self a rear disk beem for my nova and was wanting to no what i can fit so the rear disks dont lock up, i not you can fit wilwood bias valves on to ur brake lines but not realy wanting to do that. someone once told me you can change the valves the come out of the brake fluid tank? eny information and i would be greatfull, thanks :thumb:

There's a very easy solution to stop the rear brakes from locking up............don't fit rear discs.

AndrewJenkins
07-01-12, 09:31 PM
There's a very easy solution to stop the rear brakes from locking up............don't fit rear discs.

agreed rear discs are a complete and utter waste of time apart from looks lol by the time you have toned them down enough to lock up you probably have less braking force than drums imo

bazil
07-01-12, 09:36 PM
Agreed, but I'm vain and fitted purely for looks lol

novarally
07-01-12, 10:01 PM
Agreed, but I'm vain and fitted purely for looks lol

OK, I'll compromise and allow the option of small diameter discs with tiny calipers featuring a small pad surface area.

bazil
07-01-12, 10:04 PM
Colin, im telling the truth lol, the discs locked up all the time so I fitted a bias pedal box, also the handbrake was crap,

I felt the drums looked dated,

Lewis.
07-01-12, 10:18 PM

a drum rear beam will fix this problem nicely lol

mitsu
07-01-12, 10:56 PM
aright well thanks for the mix reviews. lol. maby just get the standard axil powder coated and refurbishs the drums.

mitsu
07-01-12, 10:57 PM
I think there is a post in the articles section that details the size of the different valves, it might be worth a look at
cheers mate

16xe_chris
07-01-12, 11:13 PM
Just reduce the size of your rear pads, friction area.

This should solve your problem.

mitsu
08-01-12, 07:47 PM
Just reduce the size of your rear pads, friction area.

This should solve your problem.

yeh as in buff like 10mm of all the way round all the way down to the metal?

MARTIN KELSON
08-01-12, 08:25 PM
Think he means reduce size of pad not the thickness.