PDA

View Full Version : megajolt users help

swedge
07-01-12, 06:37 PM
im having trouble connecting my ecu to my laptop, ive tried using a usb - rs232 converter and it worked fine on my pc when testing but wont on my laptop, not it wont even work on my pc

ive tried plugging the ecu straight into the rs232 port on the laptop but it aint detecting it, i keep getting the timeout reading cylinder count error

ive made sure the port numbers much in device manager and also in the megajolt software match

novasrikev
07-01-12, 07:12 PM
try prey or tom reid there the best people to ask about this

jonn
07-01-12, 07:23 PM
i had the same problem for ages. thats the biggest problem with megajolt. i had to try a different usb connector to get mine to work. make sure that the driver installed is correct. even when mine connects and works it sometimes freezes and i have to shut down my laptop

swedge
07-01-12, 07:29 PM
its wierd though as i had it working on m,y main pc with the converter now its not even doing that, using the same drivers

its not even working without the converter on the laptop

tom reid
11-01-12, 09:55 PM
I bought an old laptop with a serial port, just to avoid the above issues

swedge
12-01-12, 02:37 AM
yeah i have an old laptop with a serial port in it, ive plugged it into it and it still dosnt read anything

im gonna try another rs232-rj11 adaptor, hopefully i can find one in the uk pre-wired so i dont have to buy from the US again

where did you get yours tom?

tom reid
12-01-12, 06:47 AM
I brought them in from the US and had them built in the UK.
Now I just buy them from the US.

swedge
12-01-12, 03:14 PM
yeah i thought that, dont suppose you have any spare adaptors?