PDA

View Full Version : Messers posting on here (Lambo heads up)

L14MNP
07-01-12, 09:49 AM
The latest one I have had the misfortune to deal with is the newbie 'Lambo'

You may have seen his for sale thread advertising 18v Snap-On impact guns new in case?
Well, he bumps it numerous times saying he is sick of being dickex about by people agreeing a deal with him and then not replying again...

So, why do the exact same to me then? :/ I PM'd him to buy a gun and he says I have one left. here's my phone number, best to ring me between 8 and 5 tomorrow. I text the number saying I would call when I finished work (12:30), he replied, so I think OK then this is certainly his number.

Come 12:30, I ring the number and get no reply, try more times throughout the day and send a few texts and PM him on here too, all to no avail.
So I check on here and he has been online at 2:45pm and then again around 8. Even if he had lost his phone or something, he clearly recieved my PM's. I didn't even get a relly when I text asking if he would be kind enough to inform me if it was no longer available, as I was planning to combine the trip down to Halifax with me delivering a 106 GTi body kit I have just sold, of which the buyer has been texting me asking when we were meeting, no doubt making me come across as the bell end in all of this. Lambo has not replied, the Pug kid is now having to drive up from Blackburn for the kit, and obviously I am not getting an impact gun lol.

As annoying as this, it is also concerning seeing as he was offering to post these for an additional £20. I wouldn't want to Paypal someone as unreliable as this £270!

I noticed Colin Smith showed interest, anyone know if he or anyone else got one of these? This deal seemed to good to be true, but from other posts the seller comes across as decent and trustworthy. Maybe not.

Andy
07-01-12, 10:10 AM
Must admit,for the price they were up for- and price they really are in the vans,it did seem too good to be true.

L14MNP
07-01-12, 10:24 AM
Yeah me too mate, but my thinking was maybe he wanted to avoid the eBay rape tax and dickhead, no show bidders etc and have a hassle free cash transaction.
Always worth a shot when stuff like this comes along.

I'm just pleased he didn't decide to go into radio silence when I was at the address.

No need for people to go on like this. I will never understand it.

swedge
07-01-12, 10:50 AM
maybe he was rick rolled and couldnt get off it haha

novarally
07-01-12, 11:11 AM
I noticed Colin Smith showed interest, anyone know if he or anyone else got one of these? This deal seemed to good to be true, but from other posts the seller comes across as decent and trustworthy. Maybe not.

I'd have happily bought both the ones he claims to have had, but I never heard back from him either.

Timewasting buyers go with the territory, timewasting sellers are another thing again.

Having said that, the prices were way too low, so it could well be a scammer, hoping that someone will not want to collect, and then PayPal the money andhe can vanish.

Mike
07-01-12, 11:13 AM
If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is.

L14MNP
07-01-12, 11:26 AM
Sounds about right Colin, hopefully noone will fall for his possible trap then.

Also, thanks mam errr I mean Mike. lol

Jack
07-01-12, 01:32 PM
Shouldn't this be in the feedback forum? lol

Might be worth putting something up there if you haven't already yet limp.

L14MNP
07-01-12, 02:42 PM
Shouldn't this be in the feedback forum? lol

Might be worth putting something up there if you haven't already yet limp.

I dunno what goes where. I just get by on my pretty looks. :)
I shall alert the PNG collective in the appropriate manner later on.

Lambo
07-01-12, 04:27 PM
I think it's only fair I get to reply to this.
One of these guns has been sold to a member on here who I have known from the vauxhall scene for 15 plus years.
I am guilty of not replying to nova rally and do apologise for that .
I would only accept cash on collection anyway as I feel this is always the best way .

The first pm I received simply asked how much I would accept for the guns ?
The last one @ 6.05 pm last night said
"Tried a few times to ring you mate. Still OK for tomorrow? I am dropping off some 106 bumpers for a kid, and was gonna meet him in Halifax"

Liam.

You have given me less than 2 hours at home to reply before starting a thread naming me as a possible scammer when you could have said any of it through pm and patiently waited for a reply.

I am not a scammer and would never do so .
Both guns have been sold and I think one person starting this thread is slightly unfair as they are hoping for people to jump on the band wagon.

I have never ripped anyone off and wouldn't accept PayPal as I like people to see what they are getting and also meet them.
Please don't judge by one persons story when they didn't get what they wanted.

Cheers.