PDA

View Full Version : got me GTE dials in and.......

dan_mk1
17-07-03, 12:08 AM
the rev counter or oil counter doesnt work, what exactly do i wire them up to??
cheers
dan

m.d.
17-07-03, 08:39 AM
the green wire from the coil is for the rev counter. should be the same colour on the clocks.

the oil guage goes to the back of the block. it connects to a sensor which is just by the bottom alternator pully. the wire is blue.

hope that helps mate.

Nova-Boy
17-07-03, 10:17 AM
You need to have the oil pressure sender from a GTE/SR cos the one on normal novas is just a switch.

If you dont have the wiring in the loom just run a new wire from the pressure sensor to the guage and from the rev counter to the ignition coil.

dan_mk1
17-07-03, 04:14 PM
ill try that at the weekend, cheers

the speedo is 20mph out! anyone know how to sort it out?

Nova-Boy
18-07-03, 10:42 AM
Have the hands been taken off before and not put back on in the right place? Do they move right from the off or do they not move untill you get to a certain speed??

dan_mk1
18-07-03, 11:20 AM
they move right from the off! i think there more like 15mph out.

ade
18-07-03, 11:43 AM
ref oil pressure sensor/switch difference from gte/gsi and 1.2 - can you buy the sensor thats a direct replacement for the switch?

I've got a 1.4 with standard clocks at the mo (from the 1.2) but want to add SR style clocks. The oil switch only has 1 wire coming from it (oil light?) - so can I upgrade it to a pressure sender?

Ade
:?

Nova-Boy
18-07-03, 03:35 PM
The oil pressure sensor like you said has an extra wire. The standard one is just a oil switch but the SR etc has a pressure guage. This is about ?70 to buy i think so you would be better off buying one from a scrappy. About a few quid! Then all you do is take your switch out (very quickly) and put the new one in (even quicker!!) and you wont loose any oil! :lol: