PDA

View Full Version : Hate this bloody weather !!

bazil
04-01-12, 09:43 PM
I had a phone call telling me the retaining wall in the shed though the wall from me had collapsed and part of the roof was torn off by the wind, now the whole roof including my shed looks like it may either take of or fall in :(

So cheers to nov4-sport for giving me a had moving all my gsi stuff and panels to a safer place,

Looks like I have a new excuse not to do any work on it lol

Mike
04-01-12, 09:44 PM
I was half expecting (hoping!) to find a tree had flattened Got Bored this morning.

No such luck though :(

bazil
04-01-12, 09:50 PM
Tbh I was kinda looking forward to seeing a H beam through the roof, but no it will probably survive just to pish me right off.

dc1984
05-01-12, 09:21 AM
Gutted mate, soon as am up and about a will pop over and lend a hand.

David

Edd
05-01-12, 09:29 AM
I was half expecting (hoping!) to find a tree had flattened Got Bored this morning.

No such luck though :(

Got it insured and looking for a pay out ?

bazil
05-01-12, 06:17 PM
Gutted mate, soon as am up and about a will pop over and lend a hand.

David

Cheers Davie, the owner has said in the past that if it got badly damaged he wouldn't rebuild it, so I might have a look around for a new place,

Mike
05-01-12, 06:19 PM
Got it insured and looking for a pay out ?

Not anymore no. If it still was though Id drag it down the road & torch it lol

Jack
05-01-12, 07:01 PM
Well found out today the felt roof had been blown off my dad's shed by the wind, so had to go out and help him tack it back on.

His teeny tiny stepladder wasn't high enough to reach all the roof, so in a flicker of inspiration/stupidity (delete as appropriate) he stands on the water butt next to the shed. The water butt which has a plastic, bendy top. The water butt which happens to be half full of freezing cold rainwater. The water butt which has a lid that can't quite support the weight of a grown man.

Suffice to say I found it hilarious to see him disappear up to his waist in said water collector. lol

bazil
05-01-12, 07:02 PM
Jack that sounds as though it could have been worth £250 on YBF lol

L14MNP
05-01-12, 07:03 PM
^ Pics or I call B.S! lol

It's nice and mild here.

Jack
05-01-12, 07:10 PM
Didn't have my phone on me unfortunately, but it was the first thing I went for to take a pic lol

sport
05-01-12, 07:38 PM
Always have this worry about my place during high winds, havent heard anything so all must be well then lol. If you need a hand with anything give me a bell mate.

bazil
05-01-12, 07:43 PM
Cheers mate, but it's about a 300 square metre roof, I ain't paying to fix it lol, I'll see how it goes when the owner comes back from the canaries,

gary_126
05-01-12, 11:43 PM
Unlucky! although at least it didnt fall in and crush the cars! We seemed to miss the worst of it this time, the central belt got it far worse for a change.

bazil
05-01-12, 11:46 PM
Tbh if the GSI got damaged I wouldn't be too fused as I've not rebuilt it, but my mates mk2 Astra GTE turbo, well that would be a shame :(

sport
06-01-12, 05:16 PM
Is it still in there???
Room at mine if needed for a bit.

mowgli
06-01-12, 05:24 PM
well found out today the felt roof had been blown off my dad's shed by the wind, so had to go out and help him tack it back on.

His teeny tiny stepladder wasn't high enough to reach all the roof, so in a flicker of inspiration/stupidity (delete as appropriate) he stands on the water butt next to the shed. The water butt which has a plastic, bendy top. The water butt which happens to be half full of freezing cold rainwater. The water butt which has a lid that can't quite support the weight of a grown man.

Suffice to say i found it hilarious to see him disappear up to his waist in said water collector. Lol

thanks, i just spat tea over my desk

sport
26-01-12, 10:39 PM
Always have this worry about my place during high winds, havent heard anything so all must be well then lol. If you need a hand with anything give me a bell mate.

So it turns out all was not well, the rains been pissing in since the start of January........really need to vist the unit more often :cry:

Bubba
26-01-12, 11:29 PM
So it turns out all was not well, the rains been pissing in since the start of January........really need to vist the unit more often :cry:

im lucky almost all my nova stuff is now somehow stored in my warehouse at work :p i might move my block up there at the weekend since its sat in a barn but is coated in axle grease

16v Nova Kev
26-01-12, 11:30 PM
Cheers Davie, the owner has said in the past that if it got badly damaged he wouldn't rebuild it, so I might have a look around for a new place,
hmmm 50 a month for indoor storage in my work

bazil
27-01-12, 07:03 AM

WHAT?!!?!?! I hope everything is ok mate?

hmmm 50 a month for indoor storage in my work

I can see that being an option when it's built mate, over the winter anyway. The guy is going to sort the roof so the panic is over for now.

sport
27-01-12, 08:42 PM
Was lucky most of my Nova parts were at the other side of the unit but all my power tools were under where the roof was damaged :( but most seem to be ok.