PDA

View Full Version : Torn between getting a ast1k or ast2k KentCam Kit!

Snowface
16-07-03, 10:56 PM
I'm unsure of which to get. Its for a 1.2 (soon to be a 1.3) which i use for general driving use.

The thing is i've heard that the ast2 gives a harsher ride. Is this true?
And is the bhp difference really that much?
Thanks.

Stuart
16-07-03, 10:58 PM
the AST2 is most favourd by the T40's people. an AST1 will give you a more lively drive. bu tthe AST2 would be better.

it all depends on headwork, engine condition and inlet type.

and its your call really

mikeoxford
18-07-03, 12:09 AM
ast2 ALL the way

ESPECIALLY with that bottom end i sold you :x TUT! dont do a half job! that engine was designed for better :twisted:

stick a head on that bottom end - and ast2 and itll work with any carb setup u use PREFERABLY u want weber 32 34 or better

obv twin 40s may not be an option for you.

but if u get a 32 34 as well u will be LAFFING all the way down the road

TRUST me

Snowface
18-07-03, 06:42 PM
i'm still indecided.

I would like to get the ast2 but am not sure what the engine idles like? Can anyone give me some info bout their's?

I was going to get a Weber 32/34 to go on it net year sometime then think bout T40's in a couple years when older and wiser. :D

mikeoxford
18-07-03, 07:06 PM
when its tuned and setup properley :x which it better be!!!

it will idle fine.

it dosent sound like a road production car. like a perfect puuuurrrrr

but it isnt as lumpy as people say, as its going to cut out etc. not if timing is done right and there is enough fuel getting in.

ive ran it with a 32 34 and t40s and its sweet :)

Snowface
19-07-03, 12:06 AM
Yeah i been thinking and i'm gonna go for the ast2. If i don't i might regret it in future. I'll wait till next year before i get a weber though as i got other stuff needs doing first.

Where is the best place to get the ast2k kit? I've found 2 places on the net.

larkspeed.com which is ?240 + ?8 p&p

and PeterLloydrallying.co.uk where it is ?225 + ?6 P&P.

where did u lot get urs and how much?

dathers
19-07-03, 04:08 AM
Ring kent cams themselves,they have an absolutely cracking tech dept. they will advise you on exactly what to get and anything else you need to know.
Dave

Snowface
19-07-03, 02:42 PM
Where it says power band for the ast2 its 3000-7000rpm. Does that mean that there is no power coming from the cam below 3000rpm? so i won't notice a difference until i reach 3krpm? or is that when the main power comes in?

Cause the ast1 is 2000-6000rpm so would that have more power lower down the revs than the ast2?

mikeoxford
20-07-03, 12:33 AM
ur kind of right in what your saying (i think - as it confused me a little)

when you say "no power" dont take that literally.

i find when i open my car up. it drove like a nomral gte road production car until about 2750 rpm then depending how u drive it. u really do feel it kick in sometimes.

so it drives normal to 2750. then it takes off, vr00000000000m.

and if u can keep it "on cam" driving around. e.g just where the power band starts. youll find you ALWAYS have power on tap. and it is so much fun for when mister corsa or fester is giving it large in the next lane.