PDA

View Full Version : EPC Problem

murph-gsi
02-01-12, 08:58 PM
I have had EPC for years on my old home computer which uses windows xp. I had no problems installing it on that computer. However when trying to install it on my new laptop which uses windows 7 I encounter a problem.

The program fully installs and gets to 34% loaded when opening and it then tells me

'utdal32.dll not found'

Can any body help me with this as its a pain not being able to use it. Hopefully its something simple:thumb:. Thanks Chris

Pistol Pete
02-01-12, 09:14 PM
lol that is what stumped me too. Gave up in the end.

Actually what version EPC are you running? I had that code issue on XP??

Nova_Tek
02-01-12, 09:28 PM
I'm having issues installing too so much stuff to go through just to get it done

Mike
02-01-12, 09:29 PM
EPC doesnt work on Windows 7 at all according to my local GM dealer.

Nova_Tek
02-01-12, 09:32 PM
Still the procedure to install the version I got is just long... need to be a rocket scientist to do it and I'm very good with computers lol Will have to try on my dads xp machine.

bazil
02-01-12, 09:41 PM
I have never successfully installed epc on a windows 7 PC

But on XP it's always been fine,

Novasport
02-01-12, 09:44 PM
EPC doesnt work on Windows 7 at all according to my local GM dealer.

I was told it would not work and I could not get my old GENUINE copy of EPC 3 to work on my new laptop with Windows 7.

I purchased a GENUINE copy of EPC 4, the latest disc but again this was only compatible with XP. It downloaded OK but I could not get any images due to a program it uses not working on Windows 7. I managed to get it to work using backwards compatibility to XP or Windows 2000. I am deffo no computer wizz but I managed it somehow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/NovaSport/EPC-1.png

bazil
02-01-12, 09:46 PM
Did you buy it of snap on rich ?

Nova_Tek
02-01-12, 09:46 PM
I got version 4 but I really need a few hours reading up to get it to work by the looks of things.

Novasport
02-01-12, 09:49 PM
PM sent Bazil.

Try not to buy anything from Snap-On if I can help it, bloody daylight robbery IMO

murph-gsi
02-01-12, 09:51 PM
I am not sure what version its the older one, its in grey. I tried to open using the xp compatibility on the laptop and even windows 2000 but this message always comes up and I cant even uninstall it now. Bit stupid since it worked on my home computer with xp!

bazil
02-01-12, 09:53 PM
PM sent Bazil.

Try not to buy anything from Snap-On if I can help it, bloody daylight robbery IMO
Cheers :)

Keif
02-01-12, 10:04 PM
I couldn't get EPC running on my Windows 7 Laptop.

I have Dec 2011 EPC running on my Windows XP Laptop upstairs, also has TIS and OpCom on it. If I need any Part Numbers or info, i can remotely link to it.

(Anyone want the Part Number for a Vauxhall Ampera battery pack?)

swedge
02-01-12, 11:08 PM
i had epc running on my pc which is windows 7 64 bit, i got an error with pictures at first but i fixed it but now its back and i cant figure out how i fixed it lol

remember to open epc in internet explorer not firefox or whatever you use

murph-gsi
02-01-12, 11:54 PM
Does anybody know how to uninstall as when I go to uninstall software it wont do anything???

bazil
03-01-12, 12:07 AM
Eh it's a bore, you need to manually uninstall bit by bit, kinda the reverse of install, find the registry of each install and delete,

murph-gsi
03-01-12, 12:16 AM
Alright cool so search through all the c drive and delete. Would the norton firewall be the problem?

bazil
03-01-12, 12:20 AM
Norton is a cnut, just in general IMO

But yeah check C drive, norton may have blocked the accesss to the address but usually EPC don't like windows 7 mate, I've had to keep a 10 year old PC for the sake of XP to run EPC4 from 2009.

murph-gsi
03-01-12, 12:28 AM
Alright cheers lad, will prob do the same as its on the computer in the house so should be sound.