PDA

View Full Version : how to plumb in my nova c20xe

vauxhal max
02-01-12, 03:50 PM
need help with ettin my cooling system all piped up on nova redtop

all other pipes are connected bar the 1 that comes from the bottom of expansion tank,

and the pipe on the top of expansion tank has a t peice cut into any ideas where this goes

and last 1 the side of the block is the water inlet any ideas what connects to that 1

cheers for reading

brainsnova
02-01-12, 03:56 PM
Scroll down in here there's a diagram http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?86668-*HOW-TO*-Fit-a-2.0-8v-16v-into-a-Nova

Benn
02-01-12, 03:58 PM
Bottom of header tank to one of the out lets on the black plastic bar on the rear of the head/block.
Top header, to top of rad small pipe and the T piece is for the small water pipes that's under the inlet on the alt side. Will be a black cast rubber pipe (it warms the tb and inlet)
Side of the head (under dizzy) ? That goes to the heater matrix.

vauxhal max
02-01-12, 04:40 PM
ok cheers rite ive got the 1 at bottom of tank nw, just cuddnt find the pipe under the inlet and do ineed that t peice in as a few pple have told me i dont need it, and where the heat matrix mate cheers,

also theres a pipe like it split in to 2 that comes from by inlet does that 1 go to small nipple on top off rocker cover cheers

vauxhal max
02-01-12, 04:46 PM
got the heat matrix 1 sorted nw

Benn
02-01-12, 04:56 PM
also theres a pipe like it split in to 2 that comes from by inlet does that 1 go to small nipple on top off rocker cover cheers

That is the one under the inlet. its a cast rubber one yeah? spilts in to two yeah? Don't put yeah to the rocker cover!!!!! It should be t-pieced in to the small take off fromthe heater tank.

vauxhal max
02-01-12, 05:17 PM
yh mate it spilts into 2 so if join them together dont one of them go to 1 opf the lil nipples off the rocker cover

Benn
02-01-12, 05:52 PM
No! No water pipes go to the rocker cover!

It goes to the inlet manifold, there is a 2way bolted in union under the throttle body.

vauxhal max
02-01-12, 06:11 PM
ohh ok mate cheers will have a look tmz, o you know what goes on the nipple off rocker copvber then, as im sure when had my 1 in corsa it did and ill post a diagram up whihc luks like a water hoses goin in

vauxhal max
02-01-12, 06:12 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?109836-nova-LET-coolant-diagram!!&highlight=diagram

Benn
02-01-12, 09:04 PM
Both on the rocker cover are oil breathers, as they are on all Vauxhalls.