PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 help

Andy
02-01-12, 01:07 PM
The wireless adapters for these are insanely dear for what they are!
Does anything else work??
Im currently using an ethernet cable but have had to use a phone socket extension to move the router closer to the xbox thus it being wire city at the minute.
Im new to the world of online gaming and am enjoying it,so would like to continue,but also dont want my lounge looking like warlock's bedroom lol

Edd
02-01-12, 01:21 PM
Wasn't any alternative when I got one few years back

No doubt to make you have to pay the price, was about £40 when I got mine

Andy
02-01-12, 01:25 PM
Yeah theyre still around that now,even 2nd hand ones on ebay doing £25+
Guess i'll just have to tidy up the 50m long extension haha

chimp007_uk
02-01-12, 01:54 PM
I've got the early single aerial one on my xbox upstairs and it works fine. The xbox downstairs is using an ethernet cable.

I think the newer xbox's have built in wifi.

£25 secondhand is about what I paid on eGay, but if you ever wanted to sell, you'd get your money back...

steviegsi
02-01-12, 02:54 PM
if your getting the wireless thing, go for a later one with 2 aerials on it. I think you can get an aftermarket wireless thing from pc world etc, but it will probably cost as much and not work as well.

swedge
02-01-12, 03:01 PM
my bro uses these things you plug into your electrical socket and can use them as sorta wireless

24sevenslacker
02-01-12, 04:13 PM
u got live andy??

Andy
02-01-12, 04:14 PM
i have tommy,haha rich was telling me how your 4th in the world on a track on forza??? What a guy!
HappierProduct1 btw

chimp007_uk
02-01-12, 04:30 PM
i have tommy,haha rich was telling me how your 4th in the world on a track on forza??? What a guy!
HappierProduct1 btw

Think I'll keep well clear you guys then... Beat up little yank kids on MW3 it is :)

Andy
02-01-12, 04:32 PM
Im trash at the minute but i like it and am getting better,im currently playing MW2

Jack
02-01-12, 05:11 PM
my bro uses these things you plug into your electrical socket and can use them as sorta wireless
Ethernet over the mains

Andy, tbh if cost is a problem, just get a long ethernet cable - they're pretty cheap. It'll probably be more reliable than wifi as well lol

swedge
02-01-12, 05:13 PM
Ethernet over the mains

Andy, tbh if cost is a problem, just get a long ethernet cable - they're pretty cheap. It'll probably be more reliable than wifi as well lol

yeah thats the things, he says they were pretty good

and id always use a cable over wifi for gaming, ive been pc gaming for years (nop geek jokes please) and hate playing on wifi

Adam
02-01-12, 05:18 PM
Another vote for ethernet here. I picked up a 40m cable for £4 on ebay.
I only use wireless if i cant use cable.

Andy
02-01-12, 05:35 PM
Ethernet has won then.
Although i can just stick with the extension thing ive got as thats doing the job just fine.Just need to tidy it all up so the wires are out of sight.
Theres nowt more annoying than wires all over the place.
Thanks for the advice folks.

chimp007_uk
02-01-12, 05:38 PM
Another vote for ethernet here. I picked up a 40m cable for £4 on ebay.
I only use wireless if i cant use cable.

Ad beat me to it... I bought a 10m cable for £1.50 lol

Stuart
02-01-12, 06:19 PM
Wifi is only for laptops, phone and tablets, for everything else it's Ethernet.

24sevenslacker
03-01-12, 09:37 PM
HappierProduct1 btw

naa it was dirt 3, 4th on one track and 7th on another, took it a bit too serious i think lol

btw ill add u, Ting Tong 05 so u know its me lol

Andy
04-01-12, 08:11 AM
Yeehaa i'll actually have a friend now
He took it too serious??
Either way thats some going is that mate lol
He rips me for going online on it lol