PDA

View Full Version : vacum advance prob

m.d.
16-07-03, 07:55 PM
hello peeps im new.

ive got a 1.3sr engine and am puttin twin 40 webbers on it but have one problem.

where the hell do you connect the distributor vacum advance too as twin 40s dont have anywhere to connect it :(

Nova-Boy
17-07-03, 10:20 AM
40's on a 1.3?? :o will that not be a lil difficult to set up?

Dicko
17-07-03, 11:19 AM
nothing wrong withthat
however im not sure will need to wait for a '40's expert to reply to this

Nova-Boy
17-07-03, 12:03 PM
:lol: I cant even set my 1.3 carb up on my 1.2! :lol:

nova23
17-07-03, 08:05 PM
I don't think you can run the vacuum advance with t/40's well I never did. Just make sure the mechanical advance is working ok.

mikeoxford
17-07-03, 11:59 PM
40's on a 1.3?? :o will that not be a lil difficult to set up?

hrm

remind me again what was the nova sport?

:lol:

1.3 on carbs

as for the vac advance

it depends if ur running a cam. if u run a lumpy cam it will have no effect anyway

vac advances has biggest effect when the car is at idle.

mine wasnt connected and ran fine.

velos sorted it all out for me and plumbed it in. didnt notice anything meself personally

m.d.
18-07-03, 08:00 AM
so you recon that i could run the carbs without vac advance.

when you say "make sure the mechanical advance is working"
is this also in the distributor.

i had the carbs on a 1.6 but they caused the piston rings to go for some reason. and it would never rev past 3500rpm with my foot on the floor. this is why i wondered if u neded vac advance.

thanks peeps :D

nova23
18-07-03, 08:56 AM
Yes the mechanical advance is in the distributor, make sure you get the carbs jetted correctly, as for the rings going on the 1.6, that might have been because you where running it really really rich therefore washing the bores, not good.

rgv_stu
18-07-03, 10:33 AM
the vacumn advance only really runs at idle and light throttle / coasting

the mechanical advance does all the important stuff when the inlet vacumn dies away ie WOT

rob.slader
18-07-03, 11:45 AM
You will need to run the vacuum advance to each carb if you want it connecting properly, on the top left of each carb as you look at them as if they are on the car there is a small tube about 1cm coming out at an angle, get some hose small enough to fit tightly over these and a t-piece to connect the two up to the dizzy vac advance. If you have a look here:-
http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=247 you might be able to see how on the fourth picture down.

MC
18-07-03, 01:01 PM
Scrap the vacuum advance, you don't need it. I'll lay money on it! :D

The mechanical advance is well up to the job. Its inside the distributor, and you'll know if it doesn't work as you'll have no power. Its very unlikely that it would stop working though.

Twin 40's work well on the 1300, thats why Vaux used em as standard. Choke sizes need to be around 28-30mm depending on your engine, jet size can be worked out from there. Believe it or not, twin 40's are far easier to get running right than the standard pierburg carbs.

MC

mikeoxford
18-07-03, 04:28 PM
Scrap the vacuum advance, you don't need it. I'll lay money on it! :D
MC
velos words to me also.

i never even noticed difference WITH it connected.