PDA

View Full Version : N reg nova?

t40nova
30-12-11, 10:48 PM
was just reading a bit of history on the nova and found this. http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~joff01/nova/novhist.htm

say's here there's a few 1.0,gsi ect left unused in spain backed up by a rare glimps of an N reg nova,is this true if so there must be M reg ones kicking around somewhere too lol

blue_peg_16v
30-12-11, 11:00 PM
The field of unused shells myth returns again, if there was they will be long gone by now and to my knowledge knowone has ever seen it so guessing it never existed

Andy
30-12-11, 11:01 PM
Its utter rubbish.

mowgli
30-12-11, 11:02 PM
what happens is gm will have various stocks around and sometimes a batch earmarked for an export market get returned. the reasons are varied, but money no doubt has a factor in it...

anyhow, it appeared that a few novas were actually sold in the uk on the N plate.

ps. the field of leftover novas in spain is a legend......

Novasport
30-12-11, 11:21 PM
I remember an advert for an N reg Nova in Autotrader many years ago. I thought it was a misprint but could have been genuine.

joff-turbo-nova
30-12-11, 11:54 PM
This is a different Joff the link refers to by the way !

Joff

mowgli
31-12-11, 12:17 AM
feeling guilty about something joff???? lol

Nobby
31-12-11, 12:24 AM
all engines upto 2.0 16v turbo pff what about the v6 ay???.............

mowgli
31-12-11, 12:37 AM
it doesn't even mention the lotus ones either

joff-turbo-nova
31-12-11, 12:02 PM
feeling guilty about something joff???? lol

No, I just wouldn't put my name to the famous field of Nova's in Spain / France / Germany / Italy or anywhere else you care to mention.

The site is copywrited to Jonathan Frascella , I think he was known as Fraz on the old NovaLoad site, his current blog is here :-

jofftastic blog (http://blog.jofftastic.co.uk/)

Cheers

Joff (from Yorkshire not Peterborough!)

Alex J
31-12-11, 12:22 PM
my freind has an S reg , yes S!!!!!!!!! reg series 2 rs turbo in red, heres an argument about a while back on another forum, but its real, and sits on his driveway to this day

http://www.rsownersclub.co.uk/rsocbb/showthread.php?t=99182&page=2

and the reg is... S448 JFP

mowgli
31-12-11, 12:28 PM
my freind has an S reg , yes S!!!!!!!!! reg series 2 rs turbo in red, heres an argument about a while back on another forum, but its real, and sits on his driveway to this day

http://www.rsownersclub.co.uk/rsocbb/showthread.php?t=99182&page=2

my nephew has a 1968 ford 3000 tractor that has never been registered, he has an envelope with the reg. forms.........

people on that website seem to forget that until a car is first registered, it isn't actually a car, so when it is registered, it is officially new.

Alex J
31-12-11, 12:35 PM
i love the argument with my mates car, people say its fake, not real, a ringer, the lot, but i see it most days, so its no myth lol

mowgli
31-12-11, 12:37 PM
there was also an mgb registered new in the 90's, it had been under a sheet in a dealers workshop for 20 odd years..

Nick J
31-12-11, 04:15 PM
I went to view a genuine M reg red sr back in 2002. Shame its condition was not worth the price they were asking hence the reason I didnt buy. Ive never seen an N plate however Im sure theirs a possibility of a few being registered late on.

Nick.

MK999
31-12-11, 04:26 PM
I've seen a 10 plate (I think, was the brand new plate at the time) R32 Skyline before, it was rebuilt with enough new parts to be inspected/re-registered.

edit: Few years out, it's actually an 06 plate, no pics of it I can see on the web though.

saloon-mogz
31-12-11, 04:57 PM
i had a mk2 astra on a L plate what is rare

scott.parker
31-12-11, 05:37 PM
I know there was a guy i use to work with who had a Nova Van registered on M plate, never seen any past that on a a normal car version though.

Benn
31-12-11, 05:55 PM
I've seen grey Nova vans on M reg, BT had a few of them...

bazil
31-12-11, 06:00 PM
Think I'll try for a 61 plate after rebuilding mine lol, or hold if till 2019 for a 69 plate,

Actually it might take me that long to build it?

But realistically with the amount of new panels being fitted it could happen after an inspection, I may look into this to see if u can get a new reg

MK999
31-12-11, 06:05 PM
It's all based on the DVLA points system, so the majority of it being a new chassis helps, but it would also need brand new suspension, engine, etc etc. That's how I understood it anyway, I do still have the magazine with it in I believe, but I'm pretty sure they didn't go into any details besides it having lots of new parts.

Lee H
31-12-11, 06:16 PM
The DVLA make balls ups all the times on registrations with import MR2's there is a 1989 Rev 1 model on a forum I use registered on a W plate and the guy selling it on is trying to pass it off as a last of the line Rev 5 model. DVLA gave it a plate for the year it was imported into the UK rather than an age related plate. Think another has landed a 52 plate.

Wish they had made that mistake on my Nova as that was imported in 2002.

Graeme
31-12-11, 06:46 PM
Lee put what plate you like on your Nova, your not going to get in any sort of trouble with it parked in your garage lol

Novasport
31-12-11, 06:46 PM
There is an 02 plate(iirc) Mk2 Astra(Opel Kadett) GTE kicking round.

Also seen an L reg Mk2 Astra GTE in a workshop awaiting resto when I went to view a Nova.