PDA

View Full Version : washing the car in the rain

Tim
30-12-11, 01:29 PM
right its a bit of a gloomy day the cars are looking rough and dirty, its raining bit not pissing it down.

question???

am i going to look like a tit washing them in the rain or shall i just stay in and be a lazy fekka. lol

any body else do this??

swedge
30-12-11, 01:31 PM
ive just been out in the rain filling it up with water, gearbox oil and fuel and some other bits of work

i gave up waiting on the dry weather so just go out whenever, ive half inched a few hi vis coats and waterproof trouser from work so its not too bad lol

Tim
30-12-11, 01:36 PM
so basically your saying get over it and get it done. lol

Iain
30-12-11, 01:44 PM
Washing in the rain is quite handy, less rinsing time required, get it done.

Tim
30-12-11, 01:45 PM
waiting for dinner to cook and am going to get on it

Keif
30-12-11, 03:04 PM
I've spent 3.5 hours today working on my wifes Corsa.

Sealed the pedal box, cleaned under the battery tray, refitted the brake servo and master cylinder.

My clothes are now in the drier.

Thankfully the rain will check if everything's sealed correctly or not.

As for washing your car, yep, get it done.

blue_peg_16v
30-12-11, 03:24 PM
Do the driving school one regular in the rain looks bad being dirty imo

Jack
30-12-11, 04:52 PM
Rain is generally quite soft so good for rinsing :)

EwanG
02-01-12, 07:49 PM
I would clean my car in the rain cause its actually easier! (i think) Maybe am nuts!!

Bubba
02-01-12, 07:51 PM
apart from the fact rain is full of dirt lol

brainsnova
02-01-12, 08:20 PM
Saves rinsing lol

Benn
02-01-12, 09:10 PM
Unless you live right in the city or by a nuke plate, rain washer is very soft. so perfect for rinsing the car off. So washing the car in the rain is good,

Nova_Tek
02-01-12, 09:36 PM
pfff... always do stuff in the rain.. washing in the rain will just get you a bit wetter than normal but rain water is clean and has no limescale and as said will mean you use less water to hose it down.

F*ck what people think!

scott.parker
02-01-12, 09:43 PM
Washing a car in rain is fine, but it pisses you off if you just finish polishing it and it rains before you get to give it that final buff! lol

Jeff16v
02-01-12, 09:46 PM
I could sit for hours and watch beading after washing the car in the rain. Great time to get the camera out and go macro!

I washed mine in the snow last year, :)

Nova_Tek
02-01-12, 09:48 PM
Only thing is if a bird takes a dump on it during/once washed.. that grinds my gears!

scott.parker
02-01-12, 10:06 PM
I hate washing my cars, as i get them "perfect" then something like bird **** or leaves stick to the roof and put marks all over it! lol

Keif
02-01-12, 10:06 PM
The only down side to it is, rain isn't clean water, so using rain to rinse off your car will leave rain spots.

marc69
02-01-12, 10:22 PM
washing in the rain is fine, besides if you washed it in the dry, rain can happen anytime so what's the difference.

The frustrating thing is in the spring etc, waxing the car and then the rain starts before it's finished, it's so frustrating.

Working in the rain, well if I didn't nothing would ever get done, electric lights and everything else out most nights, rain (mostly) or not....fun?

Jedro
02-01-12, 10:32 PM
i washed mine the other week and the water was freezing as it was lying on the floor like black ice... i was slipping all over the place... then one of the kids who keeps riding his bike next to my car even after numerous times of telling him to get loste decided it was a good idea to pedal through what he thought was a puddle and hit the deck like a sack of rotten potato's
haha