PDA

View Full Version : brake servo pipe

swedge
30-12-11, 11:55 AM
im connecting up my servo pipe to my bogg bros inlet manifold and ive had to buy a bit pipe to get it to fit

the small valve looking thing on the standard pipe is this needed? theres no take-offs from it it just sits in line with the pipe

Balley
30-12-11, 12:06 PM
Its a one way valve so yes :)

Iain
30-12-11, 12:38 PM
Out of interest what pipe did you find to fit it? I've had to use a bit of silicone hose but was reading the hard plastic pipe is better for this.

swedge
30-12-11, 12:47 PM
ah well then just have to leave it

another quick question about 1 way valves, is it worth fitting on onto the fuel line? im running r1 carbs and have seen you can get them for the fuel line

swedge
30-12-11, 12:47 PM
Out of interest what pipe did you find to fit it? I've had to use a bit of silicone hose but was reading the hard plastic pipe is better for this.

silicone hose from ebay as well, i suppose harder pipe would be better but silicone was easier to get

Balley
30-12-11, 03:24 PM
Swedge, You could fit a one way valve in the line but at a guess your fuel pump would have one any way, Maybe a good idea but in my eyes if its fine at the minute then don't bother as its only something else that could go wrong.

Dan

mowgli
30-12-11, 03:45 PM
you can buy vacuum hose from decent hose suppliers, it has a wire strengthening layer & the inner rubber won't collapse.. you used to be able to get it for the opel mantas

Adam
30-12-11, 04:11 PM
Fuel pipe(for injection engine) FTW