PDA

View Full Version : registration document

bigstevie
28-12-11, 06:43 PM
iv bought a nova shell in very good condition and wanting to put it on the road. unfortunately the car didnt come with a v5 or any plates. the only info i have is the chassis number at side of drivers seat. can anyone tell me how a go about getting a document with only the vin number and no registration??? cheers:confused:

Iain
28-12-11, 06:47 PM
Good luck hope it doesn't come back stolen!

sifocrs
28-12-11, 07:06 PM
Did you buy that sport shell off the ebay? Notice thats gone!!

bigstevie
28-12-11, 07:10 PM
nah av had the car a couple weeks-bought it originally for the track but its too good for that

amggsi
28-12-11, 07:13 PM
Apply for a duplicate log book on the chassis number, if DVLA still have a record of it, they will issue you with a new book. May ask you to bring it for inspection though.

If they don't, you will more than likely have to go for Q plates.

Do you know the reg, or just the chassis number?

Bubba
28-12-11, 07:15 PM
random question....why buy it with no logbook? :/

bigstevie
28-12-11, 07:17 PM
just the chassis number. i foned the dvla and asked them how i go about obtaining a logbook with just the chassis number-they told me to contact vauxhall.uk and get them to trace it but its not coming up on theyre system. guys gonna do a bit digging for me but just looking to c if there was another way.

bigstevie
28-12-11, 07:22 PM
it was originally for the track as thats wat it was being used for but the shells too good to waste on that

Bubba
28-12-11, 07:24 PM
so its possible that it was "scrapped"

bazil
28-12-11, 07:33 PM
ask the police to check the vin no to see if it's not stolen, then just SVA test it and get a new book, chances are the original vin tags and plates have been used to ring another shell,

bigstevie
28-12-11, 07:36 PM
how do a go about getting the police to do that?

chambers1984
28-12-11, 07:56 PM
fill out a v62 form. send £25 to dvla with it and if its all ok they will send a v5 back to you. if not you will get a letter telling you what to do next

bigstevie
28-12-11, 08:08 PM
a cant do that as theyve said it has to have the reg number on it

Bubba
28-12-11, 08:34 PM
not etched on the windows?

bazil
28-12-11, 08:44 PM
how do a go about getting the police to do that?

Take the receipt you got of the seller and the vin no and go into the station and ask, tell them you want to ensure its not stolen before building it up, if it's dodgy give them the sellers details and let them sort it out,

If it is the shell from eBay then the owner may not have given the garage permission to sell it, you may also not get a V5 if it's still registered to another owner,

amggsi
28-12-11, 10:07 PM
a cant do that as theyve said it has to have the reg number on it

I've been told it can be done with just a chassis number, don't know how true it is though.

Worth a try filling out the form though, because if they can't do it they will just return the cheque to you anyway, so nothing lost.:thumb:

Mike
28-12-11, 10:10 PM
I've been told it can be done with just a chassis number, don't know how true it is though.

Im going next door to get the VIN from the dashboard plate of there Aston & claim it as mine then!

lol lol lol