PDA

View Full Version : Qed throttle bodies

mcgee.m
27-12-11, 07:25 PM
Has eney one on here got a set ove qed straight to head throttle bodies r that good as been looking at them and taper bodies

Mike
27-12-11, 08:07 PM
You type like a cúnt you do chopper.

Pistol Pete
27-12-11, 08:28 PM
http://gfishoutofwater.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/english-do-you-speak-it-demotivational-poster.jpg?w=420&h=319

blue_peg_16v
27-12-11, 09:59 PM
Not got a set personally but have a mate with a set of direct to head xe ones awsome bit of kit but as always withanything there only as good as who set them up, they were bought by another lad who blew 3 engines up with them but he never had them mapped just ran the base map sold them for peanuts saying they were crap a mate bought them fitted them and had them properly set up and never had a problem, I've driven the car and they sound awsome when driving you will see no difference to dcoe type as the gains are minimal but they look fapin awsome

And I though txt type was supposed to be quicker how is ove quicker to type than of surly of takes two thirds of the time

mcgee.m
27-12-11, 10:56 PM
Bit rude I'm not very good at spelling so sorry all

blue_peg_16v
27-12-11, 11:07 PM
Sorry for any offence but txt type is lazy I'm one of the worst spellers on here and regularly have the piss taken out of me for it but meh I do my best sorry again was only having a giraff have a good new year

mcgee.m
28-12-11, 01:20 AM
No worrys mate Happy new year to you all

philip
29-12-11, 07:26 AM
if not going over 250bhp...and tbh aiming that high is mega £££ stick with the carbs you have and use money else where, your wasting it buying tbs when can get same power on carbs thats going to still be driveable on the road and useable.

ive used the dth bodies on 3 or 4 engines and all been spot on, best value for money tb you can get compared to getting the sbd taper itbs, which are a ballache to setup individually and little gains

peester
29-12-11, 10:31 AM
look the same sort of spec as jenvey/sbd itb's.

philip
29-12-11, 11:07 AM
jenvey make pretty much all the tbs you can buy for that tye of application, whether, dth bodies, itbs, parrallel bodies etc

Paul
29-12-11, 04:11 PM
I have a set, there spot on!

Gareth_C
29-12-11, 04:17 PM
if not going over 250bhp...and tbh aiming that high is mega £££ stick with the carbs you have and use money else where, your wasting it buying tbs when can get same power on carbs thats going to still be driveable on the road and useable.

ive used the dth bodies on 3 or 4 engines and all been spot on, best value for money tb you can get compared to getting the sbd taper itbs, which are a ballache to setup individually and little gains

I disagree mate (this is becoming a habbit lol) Im using them and my engine has done 25obhp with a horrible exhaust and should reach the 255-260bhp mark using the DTH bodies. Paul can confirm the caliber of my engine aswell as im sure all the parts and tech knowledge that has gone into it

philip
29-12-11, 05:06 PM
using what? you've lost me, made 250 on carbs or tbs?

Gareth_C
29-12-11, 05:09 PM
using the QED DTH Bodies

philip
30-12-11, 07:31 AM
ill see if i can find a recent article about pro's/cons of carbs and tbs as most people ive spoken to tuning wise feel there is very little peak power wise to gain by going to tbs over 45s on same spec engines. the biggest advantage is smoother mid range using the tbs. ive seen whats gone into your engine matey and should see decent power once all sorted(not read thread for a while) i spent just as much on my xe a few years back and had dths, which paul now owns....ended up selling and going for an evo though