PDA

View Full Version : Wet carpet

andyredtop83
23-12-11, 07:58 PM
I know this isnt mechanical but i dont know where else to post it :confused:. The carpet in my nova is soaking wet on the drivers side only and its soaked through to the back. Under the bonnet the black cover that goes over the heater blower motor is missing, but could this cause loads of water to come in? The car hasnt got a sunroof so where else can it get in:confused:.

brainsnova
23-12-11, 08:05 PM
Could be through the fan if the cover is missing or the seal is shot, the battery tray might be rusty letting water in or the heater matrix is leaking.

andyredtop83
23-12-11, 08:15 PM
The car had a new battery tray welded in about 3 years ago, the heater matrix is new, im gunna have a hunt around at home cause i think i've got a cover somewhere in the garage. I've had the car since August and its never had a cover in all that time but i havent noticed wet carpets till a month or so ago. Although with had loads of rain in the last month so it could be that :roll:

Nova_Tek
23-12-11, 09:01 PM
The missing scuttle cover for the blower motor could let in water, but check your door seal isn't perished/seated properly as that can do it too.

marc69
23-12-11, 09:10 PM
The window rubber could have a tiny leak letting in a a few drops, theese build up and eventually flood the car.

I also had water coming in a welded battery tray where there were a few tiny holes that i couldn't even see, a thin layer of fillers, primer and paint stopped it.

andyredtop83
23-12-11, 09:48 PM
Ok i shall put the scuttle panel in if i can find one in the garage and then try the other things you said. Thanks for the advice!

Will F
24-12-11, 11:11 PM
If the cover isnt on the blower motor it will leak a lot - water will sit in there and will pour in when you turn the fan on or turn a corner!

Dave.
25-12-11, 08:09 PM
My passenger footwell was soaked a while ago, only noticed when i went round a corner and my dash shelf underneath dropped about half a litre of water all over my carpet, turns out it was the window seal in the bottom corner, so try resealing the windscreen first :thumb: