PDA

View Full Version : police

swedge
19-12-11, 02:55 PM
so the police were at my door today, they said they have had a complaint about the front of my car being on ramps on the road

they said its not illegal but asked me to take the ramps away

so its not illegal so i can just leave them? lol

Alex J
19-12-11, 03:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaQhXsmsT48 you have one of these lol

swedge
19-12-11, 03:31 PM
aye a sure do but its not that when they want thier cars looked at

brainsnova
19-12-11, 03:37 PM
I thought you were going to say your garden lol

mowgli
19-12-11, 03:39 PM
you'd be amazed what 2 faced gits there are in this world....we once had to move a complete post & rail fence 40mm... he watched us put it up & waited for us to finish it before deciding to tell us that the marker pins had been moved..........by him!!!!

swedge
19-12-11, 03:47 PM
sounda a bit of a **** lol, the thing is my cars as stable now as it is when the front wheels are down its not as if its gonna magicly fall over

Iain
19-12-11, 03:51 PM
I'd take them away for a few days then put it back on 'em. If it's not illegal screw em.

swedge
19-12-11, 03:53 PM
I'd take them away for a few days then put it back on 'em. If it's not illegal screw em.

or just leave them on? lol the only reason they are still on as i cant be arsed jacking it up all the time and dropping it

plus its safer lying under a car on ramps than it is stands

Alex J
19-12-11, 03:57 PM
round here the pikeys would think the cars scrap if it were on ramps and take it away in the blink of a eye lol

swedge
19-12-11, 03:58 PM
its like emmerdale where i live though, my teardrops sat underneath my car for a week without moving lol

mowgli
19-12-11, 04:36 PM
its like emmerdale where i live though, my teardrops sat underneath my car for a week without moving lol

if it was like emmerdale, the dingles would have nicked it & the vicar would be doing your mrs.

swedge
19-12-11, 04:38 PM
if it was like emmerdale, the dingles would have nicked it & the vicar would be doing your mrs.

lol you know what i mean

Jack
19-12-11, 04:40 PM
Thats more a statement on how many people actually like teardrops though lol

swedge
19-12-11, 04:42 PM
Thats more a statement on how many people actually like teardrops though lol

most of the people who drive corsas round here wont have anything under 19" to go with thier mahoosive jap kits

im the only nova owner withing about 20 miles there was 2 but i bought and scrapped the other lol

Andy
19-12-11, 05:26 PM
If its not illegal then wtf are they fukking about at?
It wasnt these guys at your door was it??
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOmwKLXKjWNuKBxsOqltw6Remv0It8K K-2Tz6oJHlhzfREFuvaHA

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfxOyy6lb4zUFtTojRNUwuCbv_KHeqr gPDJi_m9whlWTeOOcxA

Jack
19-12-11, 06:54 PM
http://chzhistoriclols.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/funny-pictures-history-disregard-the-constabulary.jpg

Old man Jimbo
20-12-11, 09:20 AM
Rozzers are just trying tp keep the peace mate. Some a-hole will have rang them up giving it "wah wah wah I pay my taxes wah wah wah looks like a scrap yard wahwahwah!!" if it is all picturesque where you live people will get an **** on about it. If you've got a trolley jack you can quickly jack the car up and down to work on it I would do that just to keep the peace. It's never a bad thing to help the local fuzz out. Then if in future they come a knocking you can always give it "I've always helped you boys out even when I've done nothing wrong" routine..

The sort of people who complain about something like that are the sort who grass you up for anything to anyone. Council, planning department, noise pollution, funking dog warden etc etc etc. Been there and it gets real annoying real quick. Better to let them think they're all big and clever this time to save a world of hassle later....

mowgli
20-12-11, 09:25 AM
i must be in the minority... if my neighbours have a grievance, they knock on my door first..... but then i try to be a good neighbour.. i clear snow, salt paths, keep an eye on things when they are away etc... i live in the town, but was born & raised in a small village & thats what you do

turbojolt
20-12-11, 09:27 AM
just leave it on them, and leave a note on the window explaning your do as you please with in the guide lines of the law and if its that offencive to look at MOVE!!!

mowgli
20-12-11, 09:29 AM
but it is illegal to have an unroadworthy car on the highway.... and if it is having work done on it, then it is unroadworthy, even if it has a valid MOT!!!!

pie
20-12-11, 09:31 AM
if you leave a car on ramps round ere you wake up with no cat on it f lol

turbojolt
20-12-11, 09:31 AM
if it has mot and tax that makes it roadworthy dosnt it

turbojolt
20-12-11, 09:33 AM
was it the police or them dolly police aka a ex dole office dosser with ideas above there true status

Old man Jimbo
20-12-11, 09:36 AM
was it the police or them dolly police aka a ex dole office dosser with ideas above there true status

lollollol

mowgli
20-12-11, 10:13 AM
if it has mot and tax that makes it roadworthy dosnt it
you are sadly deluded turbolocks...

you can drive out of an mot station with a shiny new certificate, and get pulled up by vosa & have an unroadworthy vehicle......its down to who checked what at the exact moment of the inspection...

turbojolt
20-12-11, 10:58 AM
i see what your saying, but i wasnt thinking of a 0800 dial A mot 7767 lol

mowgli
20-12-11, 12:38 PM
my stepdad had a lorry pulled up 1 1/2 miles from the leicester vosa mot testing station having passed its test, and got a prohibition notice on it for something on the suspension.. he went mad at vosa, and as they had actually passed it, they sorted it out....but this was back in the day when it was staffed by humans...

turbojolt
20-12-11, 12:58 PM
thats a pisstake

Southie
20-12-11, 01:03 PM
i see what your saying, but i wasnt thinking of a 0800 dial A mot 7767 lol

thats a pisstake

This is though lol

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p379/SOUTHIE01/shoppery/TJOLT118.jpg

turbojolt
20-12-11, 03:11 PM
Lmfao, I can't grow facial hair :(

Bubba
20-12-11, 05:24 PM
a car can be on ramps and still be roadworthy.

swedge
21-12-11, 06:25 AM
the car is roadworthy, theres nothing unsafe about it im just being lazy and cant be assed jacking it up all the time

TeddyThom
21-12-11, 01:32 PM
Stupid question for ya, if it is roadworthy, then what the hell is it doing on ramps?

mowgli
21-12-11, 04:36 PM
thank you tedward, it saved me saying it

swedge
21-12-11, 04:38 PM
Stupid question for ya, if it is roadworthy, then what the hell is it doing on ramps?

see the post above yours

mowgli
21-12-11, 04:56 PM
swedge, the point we are trying to make is that if there is nothing wrong with it, why is it up in the air?

turbojolt
21-12-11, 05:03 PM
General maintenance?

swedge
21-12-11, 05:04 PM
because the exhuast needs some hangers welded onto and jiggled about a but, i need to check for fuel leaks if there are any aswell then ill drop it :)

Andy
21-12-11, 05:05 PM
its not roadworthy then is it?! if the exhaust is flopping about like a soft knob how can it be?!

swedge
21-12-11, 05:07 PM
its not flopping about the its sitting fine i just want to add hangers to it to hold it more stable as i hate a rattly exhaust, theres no fuel in it either so wont be leaking atm

Novasport
21-12-11, 07:25 PM
Get some cardboard and cut out some 50" replica wheels and stick them over the ramps & wheels.
I don't know what you mean officer?!? Ramps, what ramps ;)

Pistol Pete
21-12-11, 08:22 PM
How about this. Get out and fix it rather than moaning about the police.

wwmnw
21-12-11, 11:00 PM
Cops are cunts, one of Dave's neighbours is a **** for calling the cops. Funny that though Dave, when i was up yours you were saying you never had no issues lol

marc69
21-12-11, 11:25 PM
Your first post says the police said it's not illegal.

I would ask the police why they want them removed, explain that the car will be up for a few days as you are double checking some repairs that have been carried out.

Or you could jack it up each day in front of the house of whoever complained, noisily and let it down each day, noisily and ensure once you have checked how well it revs in front of thier house etc, don't forget to park there often and get your friends to do the same.

Ok, that's a bit over the top, but awkward neighbours are such a pain, yet always the first to complain yet usually are the type with no consideration when things are the other way round. I have got my first ever awkward neighbour, been months of hassle and stress. I personally haven't set out to annoy him yet as I don't want to get to the tit for tat stage but I see it approaching......

swedge
22-12-11, 06:27 AM
How about this. Get out and fix it rather than moaning about the police.

i work 3 on 3 off nightshifts and have my son 2 days when im off so struggle for time

Your first post says the police said it's not illegal.

I would ask the police why they want them removed, explain that the car will be up for a few days as you are double checking some repairs that have been carried out.

Or you could jack it up each day in front of the house of whoever complained, noisily and let it down each day, noisily and ensure once you have checked how well it revs in front of thier house etc, don't forget to park there often and get your friends to do the same.

Ok, that's a bit over the top, but awkward neighbours are such a pain, yet always the first to complain yet usually are the type with no consideration when things are the other way round. I have got my first ever awkward neighbour, been months of hassle and stress. I personally haven't set out to annoy him yet as I don't want to get to the tit for tat stage but I see it approaching......

the thing is ive never had complaints before everyone always stops and speaks to me, i think it could have been someone from another street complaining as the police had a drop-in thing for our housing estate and maybe someone has said there

and wwmmwnnwmwmwmwm has seen where my car sits and its not as if its in anyone way lol

turbojolt
22-12-11, 10:27 AM
It was me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex J
22-12-11, 10:43 AM
It was me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!no! it was ME!!!

turbojolt
22-12-11, 10:50 AM
no! it was ME!!!

It as the best of times it was the worse of times, IT WAS BOTH OF US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

mowgli
22-12-11, 10:51 AM
I can't believe in this day and age that anyone would actually be surprised by the above statements!!