PDA

View Full Version : would anyone be intrested?

chambers1984
19-12-11, 01:04 PM
having no luck selling my nova as a rolling shell. £500 is cheap i would of thought with a new respray and no rust. engine bay is stich welded ready for xe/let. but anyway if i built it up as a 1.6 16v with 12mot would anyone be intrested?
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k588/chambers1984/van015.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k588/chambers1984/van011.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k588/chambers1984/novavan009.jpg

Calamity Josh
19-12-11, 01:08 PM
this'll end up getting deleted by admin, sorry mate but whats it worth threads aren't allowed. how long have you had it up for sale? perhaps it's the time of year?

chambers1984
19-12-11, 01:14 PM
cheers mate changed it. its not so much what its worth just wanted to see if anyone would want to buy it if i spend time doing it as if sumone will only pay £600 with it all done there is no point doing it. forsale for around about 6weeks

novarally
19-12-11, 02:00 PM
cheers mate changed it. its not so much what its worth just wanted to see if anyone would want to buy it if i spend time doing it as if sumone will only pay £600 with it all done there is no point doing it. forsale for around about 6weeks

Sadly, this is the way it is, no-one wants Nova shells unless they are being virually given away.

I've offered Nova rolling shells to people for £100 (scrap value) and they still mess about.

If it's a non-sunroof shell you might have some luck shifting it to the motorsport fraternity, try some adverts on race/rally websites.

In my opinion you'd be wasting time and money building it up, as I doubt you'll find it any easier to sell at decent money.

Edd
19-12-11, 02:19 PM
Even less chances of shifting around christmas as well

If its very clean, with NO rust etc its will sell imo, not many people want to buy a shell that needs work

DuBsZ
19-12-11, 02:21 PM
?

chambers1984
19-12-11, 06:30 PM
it is very clean with all hard work done only needs a days work to have it on the road.

yes colin i no what u mean about mess about all people seem to do is want more pictures. i dont now where people would be without computers if its me and i see something im intrested in i go look and see what your getting.

Andy
19-12-11, 06:34 PM
it is very clean with all hard work done only needs a days work to have it on the road.

yes colin i no what u mean about mess about all people seem to do is want more pictures. i dont now where people would be without computers if its me and i see something im intrested in i go look and see what your getting.
Fair comment,but if they have been searching for a "mint" shell,and are willing to travel,would you drive 200miles for example on someones promise of "mint"??
I for one would want to see pics,if you wanna sell it,taking a few pics is no hardship if its that good eh?

turbojolt
19-12-11, 06:38 PM
That looks mega clean the only reason I wouldn't buy a shell is my lack of mechanical knowledge

chambers1984
19-12-11, 06:43 PM
yes i dont mind that mate. just seems like everything i try to sell have 100s of emails asking same thing. its not ment funny just me having a moan. its not mint its a old car and all people have different ideas but there is no rust and fresh paint with two new doors and wings. just seems a cheap car in my eyes could not see why it wont sell?

chambers1984
19-12-11, 06:50 PM
That looks mega clean the only reason I wouldn't buy a shell is my lack of mechanical knowledge
buy it mate i help u build it and u learn at same time.

turbojolt
19-12-11, 07:05 PM
Lol already got one on the go I'm trying to get back from some con artist

chambers1984
19-12-11, 07:12 PM
Lol already got one on the go I'm trying to get back from some con artist

whats happened mate?

calibra-keith
19-12-11, 07:15 PM
keep it or hold out if you can it will be the ideal shell for someone, bad time of year if id of known a few month back i would of told one of my mates about it, TBH he probably got more money in one he's doing, cost of shell, slam panel, sill and rear panel it needed, the amount of wire and all that work and still needs body work and respray

where you from ?

turbojolt
19-12-11, 07:17 PM
You don't wanna know mate lol I've ratted on here to much about it already lol

tyson103
19-12-11, 07:22 PM
y wots the least u will take for it ???

chambers1984
19-12-11, 07:23 PM
keep it or hold out if you can it will be the ideal shell for someone, bad time of year if id of known a few month back i would of told one of my mates about it, TBH he probably got more money in one he's doing, cost of shell, slam panel, sill and rear panel it needed, the amount of wire and all that work and still needs body work and respray

where you from ?

i would keep it mate but got to many cars on the go. need this or the chevette im selling to go then will keep the other

cannock. west mids. mate

yes it does cost a bit to get pannels there just going up in price. it was great about 10years ago if u needed anything u could go out and buy another complete car for £100 but thats life

chambers1984
19-12-11, 07:24 PM
y wots the least u will take for it ???

£500 mate

chambers1984
19-12-11, 07:26 PM
You don't wanna know mate lol I've ratted on here to much about it already lol

ok mate i will go have a read see what i can find out lol

turbojolt
19-12-11, 07:33 PM
Lol other soar.I will only spam up you.thread worse then.these guys already have.lol

What was you.original plans for the car anyways

chambers1984
19-12-11, 07:40 PM
Lol other soar.I will only spam up you.thread worse then.these guys already have.lol

What was you.original plans for the car anyways

dont worry mate lol

was fitting a spare c20let engine into it i had for abit of fun still might yet if the chevette sells. if this sells first the engines going into the chevette

mrT
19-12-11, 11:14 PM
£500 for a bare shell is rather expensive unless you've got a complete donor car for all the parts, when i was looking for a good shell i offered what i thought was good money but most said no, then i seen them advertising it a few weeks later for less than i offered, if it aint shifting then lower the price, simples

Bubba
19-12-11, 11:31 PM
might ahve more luck after xmas when everyone has their xmas pennies...maybe lol although i thought it being a van its a bit different

blue_peg_16v
20-12-11, 12:01 AM
It's nota a van tho it's a converted 1.2 hatch I paid £400 for my shell which is a good one but it was also full of parts, which I valued at at least £150 and it is a genuine van shell and don't see that many vans hence why I went for it

brainsnova
20-12-11, 12:14 AM
Does it come as it looks with the front wings also painted. If yes then that's a fair price

Jedro
20-12-11, 08:06 AM
i like it and if our lass would let me get a nova id be very tempted to buy it.... even as it is, but i dont have off road storage so im out

chambers1984
20-12-11, 03:11 PM
£500 for a bare shell is rather expensive unless you've got a complete donor car for all the parts, when i was looking for a good shell i offered what i thought was good money but most said no, then i seen them advertising it a few weeks later for less than i offered, if it aint shifting then lower the price, simples

i think £500 is a fair price you could not get a full respray for that money. all it needs is a engine+box shafts breaks seats

chambers1984
20-12-11, 03:13 PM
Does it come as it looks with the front wings also painted. If yes then that's a fair price

yes mate. its all painted no rust on wings or doors there like new.

chambers1984
20-12-11, 03:19 PM
It's nota a van tho it's a converted 1.2 hatch I paid £400 for my shell which is a good one but it was also full of parts, which I valued at at least £150 and it is a genuine van shell and don't see that many vans hence why I went for it

yes mate it is converted to a van. u can not tell thow it looks gen only way you could tell is looking on the v5. i no u say u payed £400 for a shell but then you have spent time and money welding and painting. this is all done ready for someone to fit there engine in. for a full respray most people would want £800 plus

SimonTW
20-12-11, 04:08 PM
If it wasn't a van I'd probably be on this but I'm more looking for one I can have dipped and start fresh on. That front panel puts me off as I'd prefer something more original. Shame really as you have had some right crackers for sale lately. £500 though has me seriously tempted I must say!