PDA

View Full Version : wide track kit help

deanwilko
18-12-11, 08:21 PM
planning on going to a wide track kit on the nova, i have googled and not come up with anything really.do tas still make them? the only priced kit i can find is from walden engineering but looks like there website hasnt been used in years lol.
has anyone made there own, using corsa bottom arms etc? any info/ pics would be really helpful

thanks dean

Iain
18-12-11, 08:26 PM
TAS aren't around any longer are they?

Rear looks quite easy, spacer behind the stub axle...?

Fronts, Tom Reid showed me a nice looking rosejointed setup he had made, fully adjustable to give wide track, might be worth PMing him to see if he still has sets?

deanwilko
18-12-11, 08:38 PM
no there not, but they supplied a couple of other companies with there kit was a long shot

rears will have spacers behind the stub axle

fronts arnt as easy friend has made me some pieces that srew onto the tierod and replaced the t/r/e with rosejoints its the bottom arms that are proving a bit tricky to figure out

Novasport
18-12-11, 08:52 PM
Would Corsa B track rod arms, ball joints, bottom arms & hub carriers work? Is the distance between strut tops the same on a Nova & Corsa?

deanwilko
18-12-11, 09:01 PM
Would Corsa B track rod arms, ball joints, bottom arms & hub carriers work? Is the distance between strut tops the same on a Nova & Corsa?

im not sure what the distance between strut tops is on a corsa, thats why i asked about corsa bottom arms etc,

i have been told to give chris a ring at road and track developments by a friend, its only down the road from my granparents so will pop in after.

thanks dean

MK999
18-12-11, 09:04 PM
How soon do you need it? I may be developing something for the front of mine that may suit your needs with a little modification, but it probably won't be ready to build until mid summer.

mowgli
18-12-11, 09:07 PM
how about astra shafts? would they increase it to fill arches ok?

bottom arms are easy just get some stretched & strengthened, as is increasing the rack length.. sorting the shafts & getting the geometry right afterwards is hard...

MK999
18-12-11, 09:08 PM
Pah, CV's are about 3 inches long on the splined section... who needs castle nuts anyway lol

Mieran
18-12-11, 09:09 PM
corsa bottom arms are only 10mm longer

deanwilko
18-12-11, 09:15 PM
How soon do you need it? I may be developing something for the front of mine that may suit your needs with a little modification, but it probably won't be ready to build until mid summer.

well put it this way, its been off the road since 08 lol, so not needed asap

what parts do you plan on useing, i have a couple of pics of wide track kits if it helps

novarally
19-12-11, 08:19 AM
planning on going to a wide track kit on the nova, i have googled and not come up with anything really.do tas still make them? the only priced kit i can find is from walden engineering but looks like there website hasnt been used in years lol.
has anyone made there own, using corsa bottom arms etc? any info/ pics would be really helpful

thanks dean

I used to deal with Nigel Bridger at Walden Engineering, but I'm really not sure if they are still in business.

TAS are now trading as 'Comp Brake', if you're considering a purchase from them I would proceed with the utmost caution, just about everyone has a story about them.......

ollysport2011
20-12-11, 12:55 AM
Wise words colin! They can be a nightmare to deal with

bazil
20-12-11, 01:33 AM
Walden are still trading, I contacted them around 4 years ago in regards to nova parts but was told they have moved on to Mitsubishi EVO's and such and no longer do nova/corsa parts

The wide track kit was very similar to the Hockley rose jointed front setup but just a bit wider so the Astra/cavalier full length driveshafts could be used iirc