PDA

View Full Version : front arb corsa tyre wear??

Jedro
18-12-11, 05:42 PM
would excessive inner tyre wear be a result of not running a front arb on a corsa b?
iv had the tracking done but the camber is not adjustable on the jamex shocks, its only lowered 30mm at the front and the inner front tyres dont last very long at all

iv found that most 8v's didnt have one from factory and i think some 12v's didnt ether

also heard of people running xe's without one and not having any issues....

car is a 16xe and should of had one from factory but has obv been removed in its abusive life at some point

could anyone shed any light on this for me, should i get a arb? thinking about poly bushes anyway so..

Stuart
18-12-11, 05:48 PM
get the camber fixed and the tyres wont get raped.

the ARB had nothing to do with that tyre wear you are seeing.

jonn
18-12-11, 06:04 PM
camber bolts should work

Jedro
18-12-11, 06:04 PM
but the camber is not adjustable on the jamex shocks,..

?

edit

camber bolts should work

soz, just read that post, and will they solve the problem?

how much is camber at a garage normally?

swedge
18-12-11, 06:11 PM
?

edit

soz, just read that post, and will they solve the problem?

how much is camber at a garage normally?

probably the same as tracking but whether they have the equipment, the guy i used to do serviceing had a float guage he used but needs done on flat ground

Jedro
18-12-11, 06:14 PM
i only paid £10 for the tracking done mate lol

50 sound about rite though yeah?

swedge
18-12-11, 06:17 PM
i only paid £10 for the tracking done mate lol

50 sound about rite though yeah?

havent got a clue mate, never had mine done

my coilovers have adjustable camber and are set by eye haha

mowgli
18-12-11, 06:28 PM
its even in the haynes book that the official gm way of sorting camber is to file the top hole on the strut, where it bolts to the hub & then tighten it up properly.....

when you say excessively, how many miles are we talking before they need changing??

back in my younger days, i used to wring the neck of my nova on yoko a509's & and after about 5000 miles get them swapped round so i'd wear the other side out....

Jedro
18-12-11, 06:44 PM
wey i got the car in march iirc and had b.new budgets fitted strate away.... it was on 60mm fronts then and was for a month or two until i brought the front up a bit to 30mm's and then its had practically b.new toyos on aswell wich are about half way gone so 1 and a half pairs of 195.45.15's in 9 month ISH... i dont do a stupid amount of miles, some days i dont even drive the car and the longest trips its done is Durham to Wakefield once and Durham to Scarborough about 4 or 5 times tops... normally just short local trips

and i avoid wheel spins lol

Stuart
18-12-11, 07:11 PM
excess negative camber plain and simple.

£50 is an acceptable rate for a setup imho.... you can DIY but sod it for a few hours work just pay someone to do it