PDA

View Full Version : Weight of Novas stripped out. I.e. no interior, carpets etcs

Balley
18-12-11, 04:33 PM
As above, I believe a TD curb weight is 870kg, how much weight could I save just removing the the seats bar the drivers and the sound deadening and carpet etc.

Prey
19-12-11, 02:41 PM
sound deadening and carpet pretty much sod all, seats weigh a fair bit though - have to ditch the standard drivers too and get a light bucket seat (a lot of cheap buckets aren't any lighter) - i think iain weighed all his interior etc when he dumped it

Iain
19-12-11, 02:48 PM
Didn't weigh interior trim as that had already been binned by the time I got to weighing everything. 20kg per seat sounds right for the front, a decent fibreglass one is 6kg (or less?) + sidemounts/fitting work.

Few other weights I've taken after removing stuff:

Red sound deadening weight - 5.7kg
Black sound deadening (boot) weight - 912g
Roof lining weight - 2kg
Rear seat brackets and carpet support - 2.3kg

Prey
19-12-11, 03:21 PM
whats the red sound deadening? i forget

Iain
19-12-11, 03:38 PM
That tar like crap on the floorpan (footwells and under rear bench)

calibra-keith
19-12-11, 03:57 PM
From my build thread, but the rear seats i cant remember if mk1 or 2 not sure if makes difference, corsa seats front and back seam to weight about the same/+ couple of kg each, i weighted them to check my self and for courier

Re: My Wide-Arched F/G Panelled MSA Log booked Track Nova

I decided to weight a few bits (not super accurate but an idea)

Bonnet - metal 13kg / fibreglass 6kg
Tailgate (full complete, mk2 with spoiler) - metal 21kg / fibreglass 7kg (with polycarb window)
Doors (not full complete doors) - metal 11kg / fibreglass 5kg (each)

Door windows - 2kg 700 (each)
Rear sides - 2kg (each)
(not got weight of polycarbs)

Front seats - 18kg ish (each)
Rear seats - bottom - 5kg / top 16kg

Bucket seat (Cobra Imola 2) 6kg
Sunroof (full) - 17kg

dash,

mk1 - 6kg
mk2 - 7kg

Balley
28-12-11, 10:25 AM
So I will save around 50kgs then :). That improves my power to weight ratio a fair bit :)

calibra-keith
28-12-11, 11:15 AM
think carpet was 3kg aswell

troy88
28-12-11, 11:18 AM
Sorry to hijack your post but how do you remove the red sound deadening and the sound deadening on the roof? (mainly the glue on roof) thanks and sorry again

Gareth_C
28-12-11, 01:23 PM
Sorry to hijack your post but how do you remove the red sound deadening and the sound deadening on the roof? (mainly the glue on roof) thanks and sorry again

I removed mine with a heat gun and a scraper and what ever was left thinners

Balley
28-12-11, 01:51 PM
think carpet was 3kg aswell

Basically I plan on taking the car to santa pod for the day and want to take out as much as I can 'easily'.

If I loose 50kg I will gain 8bhp on the power to weight ratio and 10lbft of torque which is pretty impressive IMO

mowgli
28-12-11, 02:05 PM
if i were you, i'd simply invest in some better tyres for the strip & leave the interior in..

turbojolt
28-12-11, 02:57 PM
Wouldn't you rather know what times it runs in the trim you drive it around in? I would tbh.

Balley
28-12-11, 04:44 PM
Wouldn't you rather know what times it runs in the trim you drive it around in? I would tbh.

Well I will know what it runs Standard in June at PVS.

Then we will go again.. with the back end jacked up and semi striped.

Connor
28-12-11, 05:49 PM
strip the bugger out and just have one seat on the 2nd time. If anyone asks just say it is a racecar lol :thumb:

Balley
28-12-11, 06:01 PM
strip the bugger out and just have one seat on the 2nd time. If anyone asks just say it is a racecar lol :thumb:

Debating doing this. Remove the mirrors, baxk box, spare, most of the fuel, Door cards, Smaller battery, The list could just go on..