PDA

View Full Version : wheel offset

nova_pipi
13-12-11, 01:53 PM
hi all, i wasn't to sure on where to put this but does anyone know of any companys that are able to change wheel offsets by say 2mm by lathing down the inner face of the wheel where it sits against the discs? any suggestions would be great :thumb:
phil

mowgli
13-12-11, 04:26 PM
any decent engineers

Edd
13-12-11, 04:34 PM
What wheels are you wanting to have done?

Looked in to camber shims at all ?

Are you looking top get this done because the wheels scrub the arches?

Edd
13-12-11, 04:34 PM
What wheels are you wanting to have done?

Looked in to camber shims at all ?

Are you looking top get this done because the wheels scrub the arches?

MARTIN KELSON
13-12-11, 06:22 PM
Hi

I once purchased some Speedline Chronos direct from Speedline who are in Telford and had the offset machined and i believe it was this company below who did it for them.

http://home.btconnect.com/knwheelsltd/index.html

They have since refurbed wheels for me & not a million miles from you so maybe worth a call

Martin

nova_pipi
13-12-11, 07:16 PM
edd im looking at having it done to my porsche d90 wheels there currently on my corsa but want them to fit much better so that i could have tuck but also so they could go on the nova and tuck also, i did look into camber shims but i dont really want to put camber onto the car as imo on novas it looks a bit terd as the box shape doesnt really suit camber and on the corsa i dont want to destroy bearings on a regular basis.

thanks for the info Martin i'll have to give them a call tomorrow and see what they say as it would be great if they are able to do it,
thank again

Jedro
13-12-11, 07:18 PM
im selling a big ass lathe pm me if interested

Nick J
13-12-11, 07:34 PM
Hey Pip, Theirs a guy in York who can do them too.......... Ian Jameson engineering If I remember correctly. Used to do a lot of work for rally teams and has a good rep. Id always run you down their if you came over pal.

Nick.

nova_pipi
13-12-11, 08:13 PM
thanks any Jedro but im not really looking to buy a lathe really, wouldn't have a clue what to do with it once i had it anyway lol

cheers nick, ye definatly, its a bit closer than telford so i may have to give it a look in to, do ou know if he does them there and then while i was waiting or would i have to leave them with him, just so that i dont have to make two trips?

Nick J
13-12-11, 10:03 PM
No worries pip, Id imagine it will depend on his work load at the time. Probably best to give him a call and explain what you want doing and Im sure he'll be able to give you an idea of cost/time frame etc. Any bother just give me a call and the Links below for you mate.

http://www.ianjemison.co.uk/index.html

Nick.