PDA

View Full Version : Fitting bucket seat to a Nova

Mieran
12-12-11, 10:35 PM
Is it possible to fit a bucket seat to a Nova without welding new rails in etc?

I remember last year when I had the SR I modified the standard subframe but seat was way too close to the wheel and I couldn't adjust so no good really.

And tips/ideas would be great.

MK999
12-12-11, 10:36 PM
Pretty sure cobra do a least a bottom mount subframe for the nova, would imagine they do sidemounts too, depends how 'proper' you like your bucket seats.

Iain
12-12-11, 10:46 PM
Corbeau also do a base mount adaptor that fits to the Forza steel framed seat.

Mieran
12-12-11, 10:47 PM
Dont they need bits of your standard seat to make them fit?

Iain
12-12-11, 10:50 PM
Corbeau ones don't, it's its own subframe that is tailor fitted to fit a Nova. They weren't cheap when I bought a set years back though!

Gareth_C
12-12-11, 10:57 PM
I managed to make my corbeau side mounts fit in the nova on the mounts the sliders sit on, (the mounts attched to the car body). all we did was fix the frames to the seat sit it on the mounts get in the seat then get someone else to clamp the side mount to the runner, remove the seat off the brackets,the drill holes through the brackets and the car frame then fix it with bolts. worked for me.

Mieran
12-12-11, 11:03 PM
any pics?

would make it easier to visualise

Gareth_C
12-12-11, 11:18 PM
I possibly I'll chrck

L14MNP
12-12-11, 11:42 PM
Corbeau ones don't, it's its own subframe that is tailor fitted to fit a Nova. They weren't cheap when I bought a set years back though!

I had these in my SR. £70 each rings a bell. They are sh!t though. The seat is nowhere near inline with the column still.

mally88
13-12-11, 09:23 AM
Cobra do direct fit seat mounts for a nova there base mounted and it takes a while to get used to the seating position tho

Iain
13-12-11, 09:48 AM
I had these in my SR. £70 each rings a bell. They are sh!t though. The seat is nowhere near inline with the column still.

£70 rings my bell also good sir. I thought they were OK, lined up as well as a standard seat does. Even got a tilting one on the drivers side that let it move about 3 inches before hitting the roof lol

mk1nova_rich
13-12-11, 10:06 AM
I bought a pair of the Cobra ones off boffer8...they are probably ok for shorter drivers but sit too high for me. At the end of the day bucket seats arent designed to be standard fitment and welding seat rails in is by far the best option to set the seat in the optimum driving position, which will be worth the extra effort if you are doing a lot of trackdays