PDA

View Full Version : were is.....

Alex J
11-12-11, 12:35 PM
LEE? havent seen him on here for ages, has he got married and given up **** cars, and baxter, were has he gone! plug?, were are all the crew, anyone else think of any members that are missing of late...

stupot89
11-12-11, 12:36 PM
baxter is banned plug is lost in devon somewhere and lee is all loved up in brazil lol

Alex J
11-12-11, 12:40 PM
brazil? has he moved, or am i missing a joke, i must of missed the baxter bit, last i saw was an egg getting nukedlol

Edd
11-12-11, 01:10 PM
seems very quiet on here lately compared to a few years back :(

brainsnova
11-12-11, 01:11 PM
Did you not mean "where is"

Alex J
11-12-11, 01:13 PM
Did you not mean "where is"and that mite be the reason its quiet, its not spelling corner lol

mowgli
11-12-11, 01:17 PM
brazil? has he moved, or am i missing a joke, i must of missed the baxter bit, last i saw was an egg getting nukedlol

lee's dad lives over there........its either to avoid extradition or something to do with cross dressing....

baxter sort of obliterated the complete midlands section, and upset the gestapo more than usual.

Ben
11-12-11, 01:23 PM
I missed the whole baxter saga too any links?

mowgli
11-12-11, 01:26 PM
there weren't any links, as he sort of deleted everything

Stuart
11-12-11, 02:07 PM

not really imho just the usual slow down during winter, but hey I've not been here long....:roll:

Alex J
11-12-11, 02:15 PM
not really imho just the usual slow down during winter, but hey I've not been here long....:roll: i havent even seen the old ban hammer out much tis year, maybe novas are getting rare, thats why its quiet lol

Hobbit
11-12-11, 03:12 PM
I've not been here long...

hi i'm Hobbit, nice to meat you. Fancy a bum?

(fao the sad ******* spelling police, I know that its meet not meat... :tosser:)

autoworksnovasport
11-12-11, 04:09 PM
i also must have missed the baxter issue used to like reading his threads as they were always weird:wtf::tumble:

lee was on not overly long ago as i spoke to him or has time gone realy fast???:roll:

wwmnw
11-12-11, 04:43 PM
hi i'm Hobbit, nice to meat you. Fancy a bum?

(fao the sad ******* spelling police, I know that its meet not meat... :tosser:)

Pork sword dual?

turbojolt
11-12-11, 05:34 PM
Baxter went all power mad in the midland section and the mods appeared to not like it very much.

P.s I agree the whole correcting every spelling mistake is ****ing sad, I understand peoples annoyance at text typing, but some of you are so sad and anal its unreal.

mowgli
11-12-11, 05:37 PM
anal, its unreal.

you missed out the comma

Andy
11-12-11, 05:43 PM
Baxter spat his dummy out,it was pathetic in the end.
Spelling,if you cant be ar5ed to try,nobody can be ar5ed to read,simple really,it isnt difficult with technology these days.Being a thick cunnt has never been so difficult to be fair.
Lee,as said is in Brazil.
Winter-its normally more lively really.

turbojolt
11-12-11, 05:57 PM
you missed out the comma

You flapping flunt lol

Graeme
11-12-11, 06:08 PM
Alex has no one told you its now the Punctuation aNd Grammar club as most don't own a nova anymore

turbojolt
11-12-11, 06:14 PM
don't get me wrong if the only joy people get from life is correcting peoples spelling and getting all worked up over it then fair enough crack on fill your boots, I know I try so that's all that matters, not being able to spell every word correctly hasn't held me back much anyway.

Jack
11-12-11, 06:31 PM
Lee is busy with other stuff at the moment so hasn't had time to be on the forum, and as said has emigrated for the winter.
Dan's been busy with other stuff too so hasn't had time to come on.
Ade's been busy making good with his snapping business.
Kev still comes on but mostly works in the background.

scott.parker
11-12-11, 06:41 PM
I come on here and rat about how ****/good life can be, then rant about keeping/selling these rot box **** heap cars, generally i cant be bothered at the mo, must be winter, im working now so I'll sort something soon...

turbojolt
11-12-11, 06:44 PM
I'm waiting for you new project thread Scott, when are you going to start it lol

mowgli
11-12-11, 06:48 PM
don't get me wrong if the only joy people get from life is correcting peoples spelling and getting all worked up over it then fair enough crack on fill your boots, I know I try so that's all that matters, not being able to spell every word correctly hasn't held me back much anyway.

it originally started with trying to stop txt spk, then joxt (the scots vernacular) in the technical section, then the standard of english has gone horribly downhill over the last couple of years, but simple stuff like brought, as opposed to bought are simple primary school level things....i mean nobody says bing, when they mean bring

turbojolt
11-12-11, 06:55 PM
it originally started with trying to stop txt spk, then joxt (the scots vernacular) in the technical section, then the standard of english has gone horribly downhill over the last couple of years, but simple stuff like brought, as opposed to bought are simple primary school level things....i mean nobody says bing, when they mean bring

I can understand how it escalated tbh but where will it stop lol

mowgli
11-12-11, 07:03 PM
tj, having read about the exam boards & the ridiculous methods they've been up to to ensure the amazing year on year improvements on gcse grades, i hate to think what will happen to this wondrous language

turbojolt
11-12-11, 07:08 PM
I fell failed by the educational system but I also blame my self for not trying harder, I wish I could blame my spelling on being that d word I also can't spell lmfao but the truth of it is I'm just a thick **** lol

burgo
11-12-11, 07:13 PM
im far to busy having a life these days

L14MNP
11-12-11, 07:14 PM

I said this ages ago. IMO it's dying on it's ar$e. :(

scott.parker
11-12-11, 07:20 PM
I'm waiting for you new project thread Scott, when are you going to start it lol

Keep waiting! lol

mowgli
11-12-11, 07:25 PM
everything has highs & lows, people grow older, and get families, this recession is hitting hard, and people move on.

Edd
11-12-11, 08:37 PM

Sadly I agree :( doesn't seem to been as many new builds being started

Or maybe some people have realised that trying to been 21 again by owning a nova aint a good look lol

Connor
11-12-11, 08:41 PM
And i've just turned 21 and thinking its about time i moved on to something good lol

turbojolt
11-12-11, 08:53 PM
And i've just turned 21 and thinking its about time i moved on to something good lol

Don't go to fare mate, need your help soon hopefully lol

burgo
11-12-11, 09:13 PM
im 26 and have 4. age means nothing

Hobbit
11-12-11, 09:17 PM
i'm 30 next month :cry: and I can't wait to get my nova on the road. :d

turbojolt
11-12-11, 09:19 PM
Hahaha hobbit your well old

brainsnova
11-12-11, 09:41 PM
Hahaha hobbit your well old

Very similar to his avatar lol

Jack
11-12-11, 09:58 PM
Sadly I agree :( doesn't seem to been as many new builds being started

Or maybe some people have realised that trying to been 21 again by owning a nova aint a good look lol
TBH I think its more to do with the availability and cost. I remember the days when there were 10+ pages on Autotrader of Novas, and by page 9 you were still under the £500 mark lol

turbojolt
11-12-11, 10:05 PM
TBH I think its more to do with the availability and cost. I remember the days when there were 10+ pages on Autotrader of Novas, and by page 9 you were still under the £500 mark lol

surely your not saying some people are charging megaly over the odd for there novas are you

Hobbit
11-12-11, 10:05 PM
stop being a poor peice of crap Jack, our cars are now collectors items lol

Stuart
11-12-11, 11:06 PM
For the price of a shonky 1.6 nova you can get yourself a much faster/better/newer car and it will probably cost the same to insure......

I note its the usual suspects having the cry about "its not the same".... if its not the same, then make the effort to be less whingey and do something about it :p

John
11-12-11, 11:08 PM
i'm still here! lol

Novasport
11-12-11, 11:37 PM
Me too :thumb:

brainsnova
12-12-11, 12:37 AM
You need deep pockets to build up a nice nova to a decent spec or to buy one. That's why I sold up my average one as I have nowhere to build one up and to source gm parts and panels can be fun.

Jack
12-12-11, 08:03 AM
stop being a poor peice of crap Jack, our cars are now collectors items lol
Pfft, it got to the point where the Nova was potentially more expensive than the GT4 lol

Alex J
12-12-11, 08:31 AM
Pfft, it got to the point where the Nova was potentially more expensive than the GT4 lol
were is your nova, have you forgot lol

Hobbit
12-12-11, 08:39 AM
I note its the usual suspects having the cry about "its not the same".... if its not the same, then make the effort to be less whingey and do something about it :p

same people that in 3 years I have never seen a show, which for me is what this is all about. The forum shizzle is just to pass the time between shows lol

Alex J
12-12-11, 08:58 AM
ive always seen hobbit at show, jack, lee, dan, mike, etc, havent met mowgli yet unless he was hiding from me lol

Southie
12-12-11, 09:01 AM
I've not been to Billing or the Nationals :p

Should make an appearance next year, in a Ford lol

Alex J
12-12-11, 09:05 AM
I've not been to Billing or the Nationals :p

Should make an appearance next year, in a Ford lol
boooooooooooooooooooooooo

Edd
12-12-11, 09:28 AM
For the price of a shonky 1.6 nova you can get yourself a much faster/better/newer car and it will probably cost the same to insure......

Stu, people were saying that they have noticed its has become quiet on here not crying about :)

As for doing something about it, maybe the people without nova's should start a build :d I certainly aint doing another, cant even finish the one ive got on the go ffs lol

same people that in 3 years I have never seen a show, which for me is what this is all about. The forum shizzle is just to pass the time between shows lol

Driving half the length of the country in a nova, parking it in a field, and standing next to it for a day aint everyones thing tho lol

Andy
12-12-11, 09:35 AM
Its not about standing next to it,its about having a laugh/chat with likeminded enthusiasts who are a great set of people.

Southie
12-12-11, 09:37 AM
Its not about standing next to it,its about having a laugh/chat with like-minded enthusiasts who are a great set of people.
Your mind is a bit messy though Andy lol

Edd
12-12-11, 09:39 AM
Im not doubting that at all, I hope to be at a few shows next year and meet some more people, ones I have already met have all been sound

Just pointing out that you dont have to have gone to the shows to have a opinion on how the forum is :)

Andy
12-12-11, 09:43 AM
Your mind is a bit messy though Andy lol
It is today,i really should get to work soon lol.Still feel rough lol

Southie
12-12-11, 09:47 AM
Self inflicted pain then? lol

I feel better recently due to cutting down my alcofrol intake, just ticking over before my Christmas blowout lol

Hobbit
12-12-11, 09:50 AM
Just pointing out that you dont have to have gone to the shows to have a opinion on how the forum is :)

completely disagree but thats just my opinion.

Tanya.
12-12-11, 10:43 AM
Driving half the length of the country in a nova, parking it in a field, and standing next to it for a day aint everyones thing tho lol

The shows are ace and are definetly not like/about that. It's a great laugh :)

MattBrown
12-12-11, 11:42 AM
Meh, theyre getting fewer and further between, and a fair few of the people with them arent into the whole "Forum Family" thing.

Im rarely on here now, work/cars/motorbikes/mrs etc.

Paul
12-12-11, 12:28 PM
Coming to a 'Cars For Sale' section near you soon;

Vauxhall Nova for sale due to lack of use!

Alex J
12-12-11, 12:49 PM
Coming to a 'Cars For Sale' section near you soon;

Vauxhall Nova for sale due to lack of use!tell me something i didnt know already, i knew once you got a bird you would sack your car off like your mates, aint seen you for 6 months, and word on the grape vine is you aint playing football with your team, it will all end in tears lol

Jack
12-12-11, 12:59 PM
were is your nova, have you forgot lol
Its been mothballed now. Currently sat rusting away, waiting to be cut up lol

MattBrown
12-12-11, 12:59 PM
tell me something i didnt know already, i knew once you got a bird you would sack your car off like your mates, aint seen you for 6 months, and word on the grape vine is you aint playing football with your team, it will all end in tears lol

I dont get what can be so amazing about a bird to sack your mates and cars off lol

Alex J
12-12-11, 01:00 PM
I dont get what can be so amazing about a bird to sack your mates and cars off lolthis lol

MattBrown
12-12-11, 01:01 PM
this lol

They all taste the same lol

Edd
12-12-11, 02:26 PM
completely disagree but thats just my opinion.

You cant seriously think that way? :)

Not everybody who likes nova or this forum will enjoy the whole show thing

The whole show thing isnt the reason I use PNG, I enjoy looking at others builds, sharing ideas, etc. its also good for sorting problems as there are lots of helpful people.

Hobbit
12-12-11, 02:31 PM
As said, its just my opinion, but to me the club is what it is due to the members that make the effort to come to shows. Not by the ones that just like to have a moan over the internet.

Edd
12-12-11, 02:43 PM
But WTF has going to shows got to do with how quiet this forum has become ? lol

And who's moaning ? Think you and Stu have got someone making a comment confused with crying/moaning lol lol lol

mowgli
12-12-11, 02:49 PM
its the 90:10 rule.....

90% of the stuff is done by 10% of the membership.

i have to admit that the shows/meets are good fun, but they are but a few days each year.

Hobbit
12-12-11, 03:08 PM
But WTF has going to shows got to do with how quiet this forum has become ?

you agree the club is dying on its **** but In all my time you have never been to a show or even a local meet. So who are you to even comment? lol IMO just some random name on the internet...

Alex J
12-12-11, 03:29 PM
They all taste the same lolhe will learn i hope lol

Alex J
12-12-11, 03:29 PM
you agree the club is dying on its **** but In all my time you have never been to a show or even a local meet. So who are you to even comment? lol IMO just some random name on the internet...edd who? lol

mowgli
12-12-11, 03:30 PM
i suppose matt could be right though, cocks probably do taste similar....

L14MNP
12-12-11, 03:42 PM

Edwin happens to know one or two things, one of the things Edwin knows is, it's not how uou stand by your car, it's how you race your car.
You better learn that.

Alex J
12-12-11, 03:44 PM
Edwin happens to know one or two things, one of the things Edwin knows is, it's not how uou stand by your car, it's how you race your car.
You better learn that.i dont get it lol

Edd
12-12-11, 03:49 PM
you agree the club is dying on its **** but In all my time you have never been to a show or even a local meet. So who are you to even comment? lol IMO just some random name on the internet...
I said that the forum is alot quieter than a few years back, as for meets there normally on a weekend, I only have one weekend off in 9, so unlikely to make it. Saying that tho I have met most people from the region apart from yourself. So likewise your just a random name on my computer screen :d

I used to go to shows quite regularly bout ten years ago, Billing etc. They dont really appeal to me as they did tho.

Edd
12-12-11, 03:50 PM

Alex J
12-12-11, 03:50 PM
^^ boring old fart lol

Hobbit
12-12-11, 03:57 PM
Sadly I agree :(

so as I said, you agree the club is dying on its **** :confused:

or as usual were you just jumping on the bandwagon?

Edd
12-12-11, 04:30 PM
so as I said, you agree the club is dying on its **** :confused:

or as usual were you just jumping on the bandwagon?

I was agreeing to the forum being mega quiet, and I did add sadly as I enjoy coming on here and seeing others builds etc.

As for jumping on a band wagon, I think not, and deffo not 'as usual'. I merely said that it was quiet.

Southie
12-12-11, 04:39 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EDD :d

Edd
12-12-11, 04:43 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS SOUTHIE :d

Mike
12-12-11, 05:28 PM
im far to busy having a life these days

All pish takes aside, but this^.

And I think a lot of the "usual suspects" are too.

davidfox280585
12-12-11, 06:03 PM
meh ive been busy getting my recovery truck finished its tidyup,
and my s1 is sat waiting to go on the truck to be setup so with my many project jobs,

working 12 days on 2 days off 12hours a day doesnt help so trying to fit everything around that is a right mission but i have releive myself from the red to the green money wise so all looking good stupid wedding bankrupted me

Spudly
12-12-11, 06:35 PM
You better learn that.

LMFAO, i was waiting for that comment to come up after Andy posted this one.....

Its not about standing next to it,its about having a laugh/chat with likeminded enthusiasts who are a great set of people.

LOOOLLLLLL!!!

lol

Oh and im still here, its just ive been working loads of late, and going on a mad spending spree buying mahoosive tele's for my bedroom and other shizzle :d