PDA

View Full Version : 5th Injector Controller

matt_vaughan
10-12-11, 10:58 AM
Currently gathering parts/info for E16SET engine.

I'm a bit stuck on 5th injector controlling.
I know there are many methods (MF2 for example) but that's still too much cash to be piling into something that still might not work (I can get MS for pretty much the same price).

I know Courtenay did a conversion kit that featured a pressure operated switch which activated the 5th injector at the correct boost. Does anyone know the details of this switch and where one can be sourced?

Not bothered about lunching this engine so a 'bodge' job is fine for me at the moment, just doing it to play around.

Stuart
10-12-11, 01:20 PM
imho you will learn far more by simply megasquirting it in the first place.
sod fannying about with 5th injectors and bodge switches, just go for the better option for same/less cash and learn bucket loads more :)

moffat
10-12-11, 05:31 PM
erm the e16se doesnt use a 5th injector..... use a rising rate fuel regulator, im building a e16set and im doing it that way

its the c16se that uses a 5th injector bud

shed-on-wheels
10-12-11, 06:25 PM
moffat beat me to it lol...have a look at tommys white gsi build or craig green 8v turbo build bud

Stuart
10-12-11, 06:53 PM
both methods = nasty bodge :(

matt_vaughan
10-12-11, 08:18 PM
Well you learn something every day. Didnt realise the 5th injector wasnt required on E16SE, can anyone explain why for me? Can the E16's standard management deal with the extra fuelling itself? Assuming that's because its AFM and not MAP?

I'm learning more and more about this every day and I'm getting there.

I understand it's a bodge, but like I said its a case of bodging at first, see if I can get it to work then start on MS. I will consider using MS from the start but funds dont permit right now whereas I can afford to do the bit by bit purchasing of the bodge way.

Going to be bike carbing it first then building a second engine (with decomp etc etc) as a new lump ready to go in.

Stuart
10-12-11, 08:36 PM
why not skip the bike carbs lark and wait a little longer to get to the boosted version with 'better' kit rather than wasting cash on the first engine.

matt_vaughan
10-12-11, 08:39 PM
Got all the bike carb stuff already. Will be making a guide to fitting the carbs later once they've been done. Basically just doing the bike carbs because the stuff's already here and because I can.

moffat
15-12-11, 06:30 PM
Well you learn something every day. Didnt realise the 5th injector wasnt required on E16SE, can anyone explain why for me? Can the E16's standard management deal with the extra fuelling itself? Assuming that's because its AFM and not MAP?

I'm learning more and more about this every day and I'm getting there.

I understand it's a bodge, but like I said its a case of bodging at first, see if I can get it to work then start on MS. I will consider using MS from the start but funds dont permit right now whereas I can afford to do the bit by bit purchasing of the bodge way.

Going to be bike carbing it first then building a second engine (with decomp etc etc) as a new lump ready to go in.

the standard e16se ecu cant chuck in more fuel, but with a boost trick switch and a sard rising rate fuel regulator before the fuel rail it'l give the extra fuel required iirc.

ms... that megasquirt? why not use greedy Emanage, designed for turbo builds etc and when i looked for it online was 400quid

im doing mine the way courtenay did theres, some call it a bodge but it works, matt check my wip if your stuck or pm me