PDA

View Full Version : Reminder not to Drink and Drive

Royston
09-12-11, 07:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Z2mf8DtWWd8

Pretty well put together..................

Don't do it;)

Bubba
09-12-11, 07:33 PM
especailly with xmas coming up :)

pikey1986
09-12-11, 09:49 PM
pretty hard hitting to be honest

Balley
09-12-11, 10:17 PM
Very hard hitting, Just hope people watch and listen!!

scott.parker
09-12-11, 10:28 PM
More like pure dam graphic, only in Australia, we wouldn't let that be aired over here.. message received.

brainsnova
09-12-11, 10:32 PM
I haven't watched it as I know how a drunk driver can **** up the lives of many. I make calls to police HQ not 999 if I spot a vehicle all over the road

steviegsi
09-12-11, 10:39 PM
Good reminder to not drive like a f*cking idiot EVER , regardless of drink, drugs, christmas or whatever.

stupot89
09-12-11, 11:02 PM
This is why I don't drink much tbh I would rather drink soft drinks and drive that way I no I'm safer and my friends/family who are with me are safer

mowgli
09-12-11, 11:06 PM
i was out for our works xmas dinner last night.. i had 1 pint & one small glass of wine all night, and i wasn't even driving.. but this morning, i was driving a wagon at 4.30..... only a complete tw@t drinks & drives. one the one hand, they usually come a cropper, but on the other hand, they often ruin someone elses life..

Southie
09-12-11, 11:23 PM
To be safe don't even have one drink and get in a car, it ain't worth it. Yes I was banned 12 years ago for drink driving and it's something I'm not proud of.

TonySR
10-12-11, 10:56 AM
Yep that hit home hard! Especially as that was the song played at my cousins funeral 4 months ago...

pie
10-12-11, 11:18 AM
there will be always be people tha drink n drive tho!!

they dont seem to to take note fuking idiots aye !

Jack
10-12-11, 04:52 PM
Problem is though, the kinda people who would drink and drive won't take a blind bit of notice at that. They might be like "omg how awful i'd never do that" then a few hours later they've forgotten all about it.

I don't need an advert to tell me what to do, I'm capable of making the mental connection between cause and effect. But the people who aren't, an advert might shock them for a short while, but won't change them.

I haven't watched it as I know how a drunk driver can **** up the lives of many. I make calls to police HQ not 999 if I spot a vehicle all over the road
Why HQ? 999 is for emergencies. If I saw someone driving erratically, that would be an emergency.

Peanut_119
10-12-11, 05:10 PM
personally i think there should be a zero drink policy, as now its 35mg (i maybe wrong) but alcohol effect different people in different ways, it should be if you have 1 drink then you shouldnt drive!

i don't drink for medical reasons and would never think of driving even if i had one pint, the amount of people that think its ok to have 1 extra pint or one extra glass of wine is unreal.

there was a campaign in town afew weeks back that said, Had a drink?? grab a taxi!! (don't know how many took notice, but i hope most people did)

Dont Drink and Drive!

Curtoise
10-12-11, 05:25 PM
tbh i agree with what steve said, it should be for anyone driving like a dick.
i think the worst one is the biker coming off and going into a oncoming car

mally88
10-12-11, 06:16 PM
I think drink drivers should be permanatly banned. As adults we all know the difference between right and wrong.
Even after a heavy night on the beer i still know not to drive and still know right from wrong

mowgli
10-12-11, 08:14 PM
Why HQ? 999 is for emergencies.

in leicestershire, ringing 0116 2222222 gets you thru to the main control.. its surprising how quick they respond... but if you ring 999, you do get an answer, but they never seem to send a car out so quick...... this is a personal opinion, and also matches the experiences of quite a few people i know.. the 999ers only seem to respond to really big serious emergencies, and not for some pissed up so & so weaving from the masonic hall (cough cough)....

Jack
10-12-11, 09:42 PM
Lucky then, as both Avon & Somerset and Dorset are rubbish at dealing with stuff that isn't on a niner lol

personally i think there should be a zero drink policy, as now its 35mg (i maybe wrong) but alcohol effect different people in different ways, it should be if you have 1 drink then you shouldnt drive!
Thousands of people would get nobbled if it was zero tolerance, all sorts of things from meds to mouthwash have alcohol content that would show up on a breathalyser or blood test

1990GTEBOY
10-12-11, 10:34 PM
as jack has allready said the idiots who choose to drink and drive will not be swayed by an advert ...:tard:

only the unfortunate few of us who have experienced first hand the devastation drink driving can cause will truly realise its not worth even risking it !

a friend of a friend was knicked driving after 9 pints and couldnt be released untill 2.30 the next day when he blew below the limit :tard:

is it weird that that clip made me go all cold :(

tom reid
11-12-11, 12:03 PM
That vid made me go cold, it's powerful stuff, I spent 4 months in hospital due to a drunk driver who tried to drive off after hitting me, I was 11, I can't remember the impact, but I do remember the pain and seeing my thigh bone poking out of my trousers, i remember having to learn to walk again, I also remember a family member pouring himself out of his car on a Friday night, I remember arguing with my grandad, that he should get a taxi after having had a few whiskys one Christmas, he insisted he was fine to drive, it took me picking up the phone and calling 999 before he listened and called a taxi, he'd forgotten I'd been knocked down.
I remember I was lucky
You or someone you love might not be

MattBrown
12-12-11, 12:00 PM
A fella I know is on a 5 year ban for being caught for a 3rd time.

Discusting IMO, absoutely no excuse. Should be a 2 year ban not 12 months IMO.

Pete
12-12-11, 05:20 PM
I think it's disgusting when people know they'll be over the limit and still think there ok to drive.

A childhood friend of mine was killed by a drink driver, front end impact after the drunk swerved a the last moment straight into the offside of the car and killed the driver (my friend) instantly, passenger got out with major injuries but survived.
Driver blew 84! And admitted that he knew he'd had too much but thought he's risk it.

For cases like that I believe we need capital punishment back in and give the idiots what they deserve!
Hope that ad knocks it into people for life, not just for the Xmas period.

Mike
12-12-11, 06:00 PM
A friend of mine killed another friend of mine in a car accident after leaving a pub.

Launched her through the windscreen after hitting a parked car at about 80ish.