PDA

View Full Version : Fears front brace pics please

scorge01
07-12-11, 09:55 PM
Hi all the reason I'm asking for these is iv just fitted mine then when went to shut the bonnet noticed that the part that bolts on to the strut top seems to touch the inside streanghenig parts of the bonnet I don't yet have the spring loaded mechenism on yet which is how I noticed this has anyone else ever noticed rubbing on the inside of your bonnets?
So would like pics to se if my brace is exact to others

scorge01
09-12-11, 07:09 PM
well who on here has them that way can look them up to see the difference

Lee H
09-12-11, 07:16 PM
Mine doesn't rub the inside of the bonnet and I have the turret strengthening plates on.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z163/Lee_H25/008-3.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z163/Lee_H25/007-4.jpg

scorge01
09-12-11, 07:52 PM
yeah mines identical but the circle part at the top of the turrets touches :( cant guess why have you ever noticed how close it is to the bonnet? honestly its 1 thing after another with this thing :(

Benn
09-12-11, 08:10 PM
Do you have all the rubber bits on the bonnet and wings? (2front of the bonnet one on either wing)

MARTIN KELSON
09-12-11, 10:21 PM
Mine too has strenghening plates & doesnt touch

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/NOVAMARTIN16V/0282.jpg

scorge01
09-12-11, 10:31 PM
Do you have all the rubber bits on the bonnet and wings? (2front of the bonnet one on either wing)

I sure do mate also the wings match up ok with the bonnet aswell il have to give it a good look over tmoz 2work out what's going wrong :(

Nick J
11-12-11, 08:26 PM
Im pretty sure the one I had on a previous car rubbed on a bonnet strengthener and I know Keith had the same problem with his also. If its only a slight then Im sure removing some material from the part thats rubbing would be easy to do and nobody would ever notice if you make a tidy job of it. If however its a large rub then you may need to modify the strengthener like many used to do on many of the early converted cars. Either way its no huge dilemma.

Nick.

scorge01
11-12-11, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=Nick J;1961341]Im pretty sure the one I had on a previous car rubbed on a bonnet strengthener and I know Keith had the same problem with his also. If its only a slight then Im sure removing some material from the part thats rubbing would be easy to do and nobody would ever notice if you make a tidy job of it. If however its a large rub then you may need to modify the strengthener like many used to do on many of the early converted cars. Either way its no huge dilemma.

Yeah mate it's just a slight rub might machine some the alloy off brace and it won't be noticed was just worried the shell might have been dodgy as hadn't heard of this before

Nick J
11-12-11, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=Nick J;1961341]Im pretty sure the one I had on a previous car rubbed on a bonnet strengthener and I know Keith had the same problem with his also. If its only a slight then Im sure removing some material from the part thats rubbing would be easy to do and nobody would ever notice if you make a tidy job of it. If however its a large rub then you may need to modify the strengthener like many used to do on many of the early converted cars. Either way its no huge dilemma.

Yeah mate it's just a slight rub might machine some the alloy off brace and it won't be noticed was just worried the shell might have been dodgy as hadn't heard of this before

All Id do is use a sander and take the same amount off both sides of the brace so It looks identical. Use some fine wet/dry then autosol or brasso wadding to polish it back up after and your sorted.

Nick.

scorge01
12-12-11, 09:46 AM
うcheers mate will give that a go as not damaging bonnet as was a new 1 when Wilson built it so don't wanna damage it :)

MattBrown
12-12-11, 10:18 AM
Dont damage my brace you bugger! lol

scorge01
13-12-11, 08:48 PM
haha i wont :) will be done properly then sent to my local polishing guy :)