PDA

View Full Version : wiper wiring to a fiat uno wiper

marc69
07-12-11, 09:53 PM
the car I have has a single front wiper which the previous owner told me was from a fiat uno.

It doesn't work, checked the relay and fuses so assume it's the wiring. Does anyone know which wire should go to which one?

The vauxhall wires are black, white, yellow and green

The fiat wires are, black,Blue, Black/Blue and Blue/Red.

Eventually I will change it back to normal nova ones but just want to get a wiper for the moment.

Thanks

windfreek
08-12-11, 07:31 PM
the black should have a violet (purple) tracer on it, and also there should be a brown wire for the ground feed

question 1, does your washer still spray, and does the rear wiper still work?

vaux colours to test

Brown (-)
White (Live only upon full speed selection on stalk)
Black/Violet (Ignition Live)

just check your getting those feeds to the wires at the motor, if for example the white has no power when the stalk is set to high speed, then i would say that the stalk needs replacing and is at fault

(I say high speed, but what i ment to say was faster than the other two options lol)

marc69
10-12-11, 06:27 PM
The washer still works, the rear wiper is disconnected. The wires are giving a feed but, i don't know which one to connect to which one of the fiat wires.

re the high speed, My first (of many) episodes when the mechanisim packs up on Nova wipers was the very first time I was in heavy rain with my first car, put the wipers on high speed and the driver's one ceased!