PDA

View Full Version : White chassis paint?

steg1970
07-12-11, 08:45 AM
I've completed the shell preperation on my rally re-shell and am about to paint it. On advice I was going to paint the underside of the shell with chassis paint but I can't find a supplier who can do white chassis paint. Has anybody had any experience with chassis paint or can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier who does white?

Ta

Steve0011
07-12-11, 09:48 AM
i use hammerite, it gets a fair old battering under the car and i just brush on where needed a couple of times a year.

mowgli
07-12-11, 01:00 PM
its either that or dulux weathershield tbh

Minikidx14
07-12-11, 01:11 PM
Couldnt you use normal black underseal and paint over it in white?

Old man Jimbo
07-12-11, 01:46 PM
I used normal Etch primer,2k primer, seam sealer and white stone guard, then 2k white paint on mine.

therealnovaboy
07-12-11, 03:16 PM
youll need to watch, when i did mine I used white hamerite then white stone chip over the top. the first time i stone chipped it it reacted and had to rub it all off with a wire brush and do it again. it was a PITA. Think it was only the hamerite stone chip that didnt react. think it was the tetrosil stuff that reacted.

Iain
07-12-11, 05:53 PM
I used 2pack (brushed on) over a primer on my hard-drying stonechip and it's been fine after a summers worth of abuse, gravel, burnouts etc.