PDA

View Full Version : anyone fitted corsa c eps to a nova?

heds
02-12-11, 08:55 PM
im sure its been done but cant find a descent thread.
anyone got any tips n hints before i tackle it?

mk1nova_rich
02-12-11, 08:57 PM
Sorry I can't provide anything more helpful than confirming that it has definitely been done before

autoworksnovasport
02-12-11, 09:00 PM
check out my 4x4 thread theres pics in there you need to remove the bottom half of the coloumn (a bit tricky) and there is a kit on ebay to run the ecu on the coloumn of a dial that you can set to how sensitive you want the steering to be

heds
02-12-11, 09:37 PM
ive seen the control box but tbh ill probably just wire up the speed signal so it runs as it should.
ive compared the columns and the corsa c one is a lot longer if you leave all them uni joint things on the end, is that the part to remove and refit the original nova section to clamp on?

autoworksnovasport
02-12-11, 09:45 PM
yes thats the bit you remove but not fit the nova part just remove the middle bar and replace the end un joint you will have to wire it up through a gearbox sensor and rev counter

Novasport
02-12-11, 09:53 PM
Not sure about the fitment of a Corsa C column but the Corsa B one is a relatively straightforward fit.

Benn
02-12-11, 09:55 PM
Iain has it fitted.

heds
02-12-11, 09:57 PM
do you have a pic of the end of your column after youve removed the part? do you mean split the pins out of the joints , use the ends and refit the pin?

im using corsa b hub carriers with abs sensors and corsa pick ups for a speed reading to the z20let ecu.

autoworksnovasport
02-12-11, 09:59 PM
yes thats exactly what i mean will get a pick for you tomorow

heds
02-12-11, 10:04 PM
that would be great cheers, and a little pic of how youve mounted it too if you dont mind mate. cheers

autoworksnovasport
02-12-11, 10:08 PM
i mounted it on lots of washers for the test fit but am in the middle of making brackets at the moment to go back in

novarally
02-12-11, 10:53 PM
I have a Nova rally car in stock with the EPS column fitted, if you need any photos/info, let me know.