PDA

View Full Version : has this happend to any one?

bainyboy sr
02-12-11, 07:03 PM
im currently selling my seat leon cupra on gumtree and recived a text messag it displayed from lisa.1344th i do not have that name in my fone, it said Hello , i just viewed your car for sale at GUmtree, is it still available for sale? Kindly reply me to (makiarid@gmail.com), I wait for your response Maria

it Sounds like a scam but i have stupidly replyd to it via email now thinking i mite get hacked lol

Jack
02-12-11, 10:36 PM
They won't hack you (unless you have a crap password lol) but you might find you suddenly get a load more spam. lol

mowgli
02-12-11, 10:59 PM
ignore them. if they are genuine, they will contact you properly.

Dayle_
02-12-11, 11:07 PM
Aii you will most possibly be spammed to death, Would you like breast enhancement etc!!!!

bainyboy sr
03-12-11, 04:58 PM
yea had loads of spam now they replyd asking if they could make payment via paypal and collect the vehicle for shipment usual pishy scams eh

vx kev
03-12-11, 05:52 PM
Aye its all nonsense eh, my fiances dad is a trader and he get these all the time. If someone is genuinely interested in a motor then normal folks would phone or atleast the email would be a bit better worded than these things. Good luck with the sale mate :thumb:

gary_126
04-12-11, 12:03 AM
Selling performance cars is a nasty experiance at the moment! Had my astra vxr for sale for about a month, i was getting around 3 swap offers a day (anything from scoobys to l200 pick ups) I clearly stated "NO SWAPS as i have another car" but it doesnt deter them. Also i was getting regular offer from 800 -2k BELOW the asking price which was cheap to start with. Towards the end, if i didnt like the sound of them on the phone, i was completely short with them (theres only so many times you can be polite to complete idiots)

I even had one guy hagling me like hell trying to get 800 off the asking price, i sat firm at -400, then i said right ill meet you tomorrow and you can have ther car for that ammount! Needless to say he didnt appear.. I dont get it!

Also had a few of those dodgey emails and texts.

bainyboy sr
04-12-11, 05:58 PM
yea same here hadd it up forsale for about a month now usual pish with folk texting asking for the final price ive replyd saying to come and view the car and we would discuss the price and usual no show

mowgli
04-12-11, 06:06 PM
there are tons of scammers out there, but also, people just can't get credit for cars these days, so its tough to sell anything.

MK999
04-12-11, 06:58 PM
yea same here hadd it up forsale for about a month now usual pish with folk texting asking for the final price ive replyd saying to come and view the car and we would discuss the price and usual no show

Thing is if the car is right but up at the wrong money (for the car, or the buyer) you want to know they'll be flexible on the price, first BMW I went to look at a few months ago was priced about £400 too high, but otherwise exactly what I wanted, I wasted a bit of fuel and a couple of hours viewing etc to find out the best he would do is knock £50 off, after that I always asked about the price first before viewing something that was slightly over budget.

A better way however is to ask if they would be flexible on the price pending viewing, buyer can get an idea of how much they'll move on it from the reply, as much as the seller can give an idea of whether or not they're wasting each others time.